I.C.E Surge Suppressors. Low Expectations Met

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB1NXE

I.C.E Surge Suppressors. Low Expectations Met

Post by KB1NXE »

Ok, These are the facts:
I ordered two 384 Rotor Surge Suppressors on 12 October. No info if the devices were in stock or not, but the order confirmation said "No credit cards will be charged until the order is ready to ship". I paid with my Credit Card.

Credit Card charged October 14th.

E-Mail requesting status update sent on October 24th. No answer

2nd E-Mail sent October 28th. Again, no answer.

Their products are good quality and of a very reasonable price when compared to others such as PolyPhaser ($44 compared to $149).

There is a lot of posts saying pretty much the same thing I've said here (CC being charged immediately and no response to E-Mail).

So, if you go in with these expectations, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/
KM5FL

Re: I.C.E Surge Suppressors. Low Expectations Met

Post by KM5FL »

KB1NXE wrote:Ok, These are the facts:
I ordered two 384 Rotor Surge Suppressors on 12 October. No info if the devices were in stock or not, but the order confirmation said "No credit cards will be charged until the order is ready to ship". I paid with my Credit Card.

Credit Card charged October 14th.

E-Mail requesting status update sent on October 24th. No answer

2nd E-Mail sent October 28th. Again, no answer.

Their products are good quality and of a very reasonable price when compared to others such as PolyPhaser ($44 compared to $149).
All that praise is totally meaningless when the company doesn't deliver the goods.. The solution to your problem as I see it, is to simply contact your credit card company and explain the situation to them.. Request the card company to charge back the transaction..

KM5FL
kr4ja

Post by kr4ja »

I ordered the same surge suppressor for a rotor, directly from I.C.E. (I called them) in mid October. I had it in 4 days. No problems here.
KB1NXE

Post by KB1NXE »

They finally arrived- three weeks after they charged my account. That's their problem. They're inconsistent. They don't follow their own policies and they don't reply. If you go in with these expectations, you'll be satisfied. After reading all kinds of similar comments, that's what I did and I was not disappointed. Hence the theme of the post!