Michael Woloszyn WD8BMP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k2tgw

Michael Woloszyn WD8BMP

Post by k2tgw »

I purchased a used computer from him, it will not work [boot up] and he will not refund my funds. Do business with him at your own risk !

Les Ostrick K2TGW :cry:
wx1f

Re: BAD HAM Michale Woloszyn WD8BMP

Post by wx1f »

k2tgw wrote:I purchased a used computer from him, it will not work [boot up] and he will not refund my funds. Do business with him at your own risk !

Les Ostrick K2TGW :cry:
Did you approach the issue with finesse?.....Michael has 10 positve feedbacks, which tells me he has been a good sellerr.....maybe the computer took some slamming around by the shipping company. If it was me, I would have taken a deep breath and tried to work it out before posting a negative???? By the way....Scott can delete it for you at your request.
Last edited by wx1f on Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wd8bmp

Les Ostrick K2TGW My comments from WD8BMP

Post by wd8bmp »

Hello all. I have reviewed Mr. Ostrick's comments are here is my reply:
Mr. Ostrick posted the same comment to pay pal and here is a cut and paste from this transaction...

"10/9/2009 14:02 PDT - PayPal: Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim.
10/9/2009 14:02 PDT - Seller: The SysteMax computer was 100% in perfect operation when it was shipped. The video card cost was $149 and the total cost for this computer to Lester was $155.I also suggested that Lester review all connections to ensure they are in the correct port locations i.e correct video card and also suggested Lester to boot into windows safe mode to bypass windows dirvers, and if systems boots then a system reconfigure will be needed or update the system to Windows 7 in a few weeks when Windows 7 is released.Also I paid for shipment for Lester and I never recieved any emails from Lester stating he had bootup problems.For tech support I also suggest SysteMax tech support line that will assist him with system problems.Also Lester can try to create a bootable cd and try to bootup off the bootable cd and that will also enable the system to bootup.Many different things to try; but again when the system was shipped it was 100% in perfect working condtion.If the CMOS setup bios were changed or modified that could cause a system to not boot up. NO CMOS changes should be altered.This are my suggestions for Lester to try.
10/9/2009 13:54 PDT - Buyer: Enter message Sorry mike I emailed you Wednesday and Thursday telling you it would not boot up. Only the exhaust fan turns, light [red light on front lower panel] shows but no action from the Hard Drive.... I can not go to safe mode or any other mode as it WILL NOT BOOT UP. You sent me something that does not work. Les, K2TGW
10/9/2009 13:36 PDT - Seller: Also I never recieved any emails from Lester Ostrick, otherewise I would of responded with the instructions as I just posted here on paypal.Suggest Lester review all connection cables, video and boot within safe mode and go from there. DO NOT change any CMOS setups as this can and will corrupt any motherboard paramters and configurations !
10/9/2009 13:33 PDT - Seller: If the computer boots within safe mode then a possible windows driver update/reinstall will be needed. The correct video board to be used is the lowest card in the i/o slots....DO NOT USE THE VIDEO output on motherboard. The video card alone when purchased with system sold for $149.Also SysteMAX offers full tech support for this system.

The long of the short is...Lester did cancel this claim, and since it would appear that Lester connected his monitor in the WRONG VIDEO CARD SLOT, he never re-posted that he was in fact the one in error here on qth.com.
I bent over backwords to help this fellow out, and with the purchase price of $155 shipped...he got a hell of a deal with a new kybrd and mouse. Like it was stated, the video card alone was worth $149.

I would hope Mr.Ostrick -re-posts his feedback here on qth.com and state that in fact the computer was as stated in the ad, and that is was HIS error and not me selling junk equipment.

Funny how some people always point the finger at the other guy, when many times they need to look into the mirror and do a self evaluation on themselves.
I take great pride and very personal about a person who posts feedback on an item that was not as stated.

K2TGW should review all facts before making a poor statment on qth.com !

Anyone who has had any dealings with me knows what I sell, what condtion it is in and how it is being represented.

I would hope Mr. Ostrick K2TGW would re-post to correct his error.
Any comments feel free to contact me at wd8bmp@arrl.net

Thank you
Mike
W4LTD

Re: Les Ostrick K2TGW My comments from WD8BMP

Post by W4LTD »

wd8bmp wrote: I would hope Mr. Ostrick K2TGW would re-post to correct his error.
Don't hold your breath... :roll:
k2tgw

WD8BMP Michael Woloszyn

Post by k2tgw »

The verdict is in. Mico Center repair in Westbury, Long Island, New York says the "mother board" is dead ! Not something that is worth fixing. Michael Woloszyn sent me a piece of junk that now has cost me $155 to him + $69.95 [plus tax] to Mico Center. Any body doing business with him beware ! !
I will not retract my accusations as they are now a proven set of facts.

Lester Ostrick, K2TGW.
wd8bmp

Computer issue

Post by wd8bmp »

This is my reply stating the facts based on this computer sale to Mr. Ostrick.
The computer was100% working when shipped in original box and container.
The original problem was that is would not boot up, and no emails were ever recv'd from him asking for assistance.
I posted my recommendations as to what to do in order to get the computer to boot up, but no reply comments from Mr. Ostrick. I also stated that no CMOS changes should be performed as this could and would cause system failure.

My concern is that Mr. Ostrick could of went into the CMOS bios and treid to change some parameters and then with no possitive reults took " a computer" to a computer store where they stated the motherboard was not functioning.
I would be leary of a person who claims to have sent email, I never recv them, then claim " a computer" is not booting, then claim "a motherbaord" is not working.
I would be leary of a person who also files a pay pal claim, then cancels it.
There appears to be too many variables with this situation. Mr. Ostrick made no mention about a new Microsoft kybrd(never used) and Logitech mouse
(never used) and no mention about the $149 hi def video card and the wi-fi card that was included with the computer. The total price shipped was $155. The cost to ship this computer was: $20.11 so my total cost was $134.89.
I have been doing ham radio since 1976 and have been selling on qth.com for many yrs and if you review my past feedback, you will read that ALL past dealings have been posstive and ALL have been pleased.
There has never been any communications to try to resolve this issue, only post "comments" here on qth.com.
I am sorry for Mr. Ostrick that the computer has issues.
I feel I did everything that could of done to ensure quick, safe arrival of the computer and to include the items formentioned at no additioanl cost to him.

Thanks to all the of the previous postings and people who were 100% satified with there purchase. I am sorry there is 1 person who is not.

73 tu sk
Mike
wd8bmp

Lester Ostrick, K2TGW and computer

Post by wd8bmp »

This posting is with regards to K2TGW's purchase of a SysteMax computer.

I ask K2TGW to return the computer and I will refund him the amount of $134.89. This is the amount that was "net" after my shipment cost.(see previous posting)

If K2TGW is not willing to accept this; then as far as I am concerned this matter is a closed issue. This is much more then the "average ham" would do. Go to a hamfest, buy a computer or radio gear and it has issues and you try to return it, or post poor feedback and see what that will get you!
I am not going to keep posting comments and waste Scott's resources over such a small dollar amount item.
So the choice is up to you.. K2TGW. If this is not acceptable, then sorry, you have issues! My suggestion next time is for you to buy new; where you get the tech support and warrantee of new gear!
73 end of story
wd8bmp

K2TGW--Lester Ostrick-Final Posting

Post by wd8bmp »

This is my final follow-up on this computer deal. The following is a cut and paste from and email I got thru qth.com sysadm.
K2TGW comment :
"The PC has been junked [left it outside the store and they said they
would dispose of it, around here you can not throw-out computers] !
As I said before Micro Center repair said unrepairable. Now besides
taking a loss of about $100 I should be asked to spend $20 more to
send a piece of garbage back ? ? ? ! ! ! Sorry no deal possible.
If he wants the key board and mouse back, no problem."
The sysadm of qth.com comments:
"Well, guess the refund is off. He though you were sending the refund,
without him having to return the PC."

I offered K2TGW the refund and he turns it down. UNREAL! Would it be better to recoup some of your looses then nothing at all? What person would expect to keep an item and get a refund as well? What am I missing here?
K2TGW has made other similar comment about other ham's, trying to smear there names and callsign. Not nice!
K2TGW has issues. I have done all that could be done, offer refund, offer tech support, and nothing else can be done.
It would appear that he knows very little about computers as it was stated that he removed the ram (512K X 2) from the machine, but left the video card, wifi card etc to be disposed of. Now, anyone who knows the price of computer parts knows ram today is dirt cheap compared to yrs past. The hi-def video card is worth a few dollars and likewise is the wi-fi card and hard drive. This just reinforces my statement, that K2TGW is not very computer savy.

I would not buy anything nor sell anything to K2TGW and would advise others to be careful when dealing with this man.
Thanks to all who have sent me emails stating there support in my comments.
73 Mike