N6BU

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W5INC

N6BU

Post by W5INC »

I bought 2 Alpha 87As from a estate sale and had the amps checked out by a 3rd party in the Tomball, Tx area. After getting the amps back from the 3rd party I put the amps up for sale here on QTH. Doug bought 1 of the amps and upon receiving the amp was not happy with the amp. The 3rd party who was checking out the amp left some washers, bolt and nut loose in the amp, along with no going thru the amp completely to find other parts missing. Doug informed me he wasn't happy with the deal and I told him I will refund his money including shipping. Doug then agreed to ship the PS back to me and send the RF deck back to Alpha. Doug used his money to ship the pieces back. I sent Doug back all of his money including all shipping costs incurred by him in this deal. Doug is a very honest person and I am truly sorry for sending him an amp that wasn't up to par. Doug is a true credit to the Amateur ranks and a very honest person to deal with. AAA+++ you can't get any better, TNX agn Doug for all of your help in this deal, 73s.