KU8F - BEWARE - Ripped me off for $1790.00

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W5SDX

KU8F - BEWARE - Ripped me off for $1790.00

Post by W5SDX »

Has anyone else had dealings with KU8F? I've never received the Icom ProII that I paid for and now all of his phone lines are disconnected! It really burns me to be ripped off from another ham(especially an extra). WATCH OUT FOR THIS GUY!!!!
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

1. License class has nothing to do with any class other than that of the license. It has no bearing on licensee class.

2. When was the transaction? Is it possible that the reason it was selling was a relocation? Is it possible that your attempts to contact via the phone are not the best way right now?

3. Could there have been a shipment but it is delayed for some reason?

I'm not trying to take any sides.... I've been ripped for more than that one time. It hurts! But, put all the facts out and maybe someone can help you. I know you are more interested in getting help than revenge.
W5SDX

Post by W5SDX »

Thanks K4KK!
I wish it was that simple. I like to think there's good in everybody, but sometimes I just don't know! Of the 9 people I've talked to that had transactions with KU8F, nobody has received their equipment. His original story was he was in a car wreck, but I got through to a woman on his business line who told me he was out getting grocieres, so he wasn't hurt too bad??? I left a message to call me back and he never did. Now all his phone lines are disconnected, and he doesn't respond to emails or regular mail. It's been a month since I sent him the money, and I really don't expect to see the radio or my money again.

Thanks

Terry - W5SDX
K7DDR

Post by K7DDR »

Terry,

Sorry to hear that. Your right, it is sad that you cant trust other amateur radio operators. Have you filed a complaint with the IFCC?

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Also, I would post what happened to you on all the amateur radio forum boards you can. I know how you feel, I lost $450 a few months back myself

73's
Derek