W5MPX, dependable buyer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KM5FL

W5MPX, dependable buyer

Post by KM5FL »

Carl Pleasant, W5MPX called me about an amplifier I had listed as pick up only, no shipping.. We discussed the amp at length and agreed upon a price. He lives about 150 miles from me. I explained that if he came to my house, I could demo the amp. He said that wasn't necessary as he trusted me and would accept the amp on my word, so we agreed to meet at a point between us. He didn't have a cell phone and wasn't familiar with the area but after about 45 minutes of searching for each other based only on vehicle descriptions, we found each other and made the exchange in a convenience store parking lot.. Carl's word is good and he is a trustworthy person... If he contacts you and agrees to purchase from you - you can mark the item "sold".. He will come through...

Carl, thanks for making the purchase. I wish you many hours of enjoyment with your AL-80B..

Nick, KM5FL