JUST LIKE NEW AND MINT?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
GERM37

JUST LIKE NEW AND MINT?

Post by GERM37 »

:shock: HI,
THEIR is an add where the ham has two rigs listed both are the same FT990'S,one of them he list's as just like NEW and the other one he list's as MINT,,MY question is what is the differeance between these two rigs?
COULD someone help me to understand the difference between JUST LIKE NEW AND MINT?
THANKS
RAY AE4XL
SHERMAN.
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

MINT would be "just out of the box" condition and LIKE NEW condition would be "slightly used, but no imperfections" (i.e. scratches, scuffs, etc.). There is no general consensus on rating the quality of an item for sale, but this is the way I personally rate items I have for sale.