KI4CBB IC-706MKIIG for sale Is it legit?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
leer66

Post by leer66 »

I answered an ad this week on QTH for a 706 that was for sale to pay for moving expenses. It was pictured next to a TS-2000. The call sign is registered to Yazan S. Hijazi ki4cbb in Florida and appears legit. I checked on all the ham radio sites feedback forums and found nothing. After several emails to clairfy what was with the radio, age, etc. the person said they had moved to Knoxville and provided an address and phone number, which checks out as a Knoxville landline, and wanted a postal money order. I was working with another ham on a radio and he mentioned he had just been scammed on a 706 from a person in Knoxville for the same price my person wanted ($500). As a last precaution I asked the seller if he minded if I had someone come to his house and try the radio and pay for it and pick it up directly from him. That was 4 August. Emails were regular before that, several a day, and now I haven't heard anything from him. Lots of coincidences here with 706s for sale in Knoxville. May all be on the up and up but maybe not. If I hear from KI4CBB again I'll post it here. Bob KE5KDT
kw0o

Post by kw0o »

FCC SHOWS CANCELLATION OF CALL IN 2003. WAS A TECHNICIAN. SHOWS A MIAMI FL ADDRESS.
I WOULD BE CAREFUL
de kw0o kn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I recall a few months back on E bay where a so called Ham was listing a FT 950 as new for $600.00 . Well i asked for more info and got a run around answer so i ignored it you know the old if it sounds to good to be true saying.Well later on this person was found out to be a scammer. But i wonder as there is so much similarity in what your describing that sounds or reads like that deal i just talked about only that person was in Indiana. But i just read a ad either here or somewhere else that the call given and item sound the same. Sounds like a quacking duck to me(a scam).
Larry Huff K0pd
leer66

Post by leer66 »

My checking of the FAA database says it was issued in 2003 and expires in 2013. Maybe there is something after that I haven't seen.
B0b KE5KDT
leer66

KI4CBB IC-706 Is it legit?

Post by leer66 »

I received the following email from the seller this evening:

Mr Robert. I have been geen getting calls from my friends about a post you had made on me on the site qth. I do not know why you would do such a thig to me. I am a very good person. My good reputation is at stake and may have cost a sale of good mechandice. We can talk about this if ypu like. If you question I fly hme once a month and we can meet for breakfast if you like me too. I have not been home to write you, If you question myself i can bring it to you for sale and cancel all other offers. But do not slur a good persons name. I do not know why you would do this to me. We will talk if you like to clear this up. I have done nothing. 73 Yazan. Please remove posting of me if you please. I have done nothing Thank you

I responded that I had added up all the issues and it looked a bit doubtful and that I apologized if he felt he had been accused of something. He was free to post a comment about my post on this site if he wished. I told him he needed to update his address with FCC, and be more complete in his posting on what was for sale and good luck with his sale.
I consider the issue and any more post here finished.
Bob Lee KE5KDT
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Why not take him up on his offer to come to you for the sale. I'm still not convinced from your oringinal post that he's legit.
Larry Huff K0pd
leer66

KI4CBB IC-706 Is it legit?

Post by leer66 »

I've decided to let folks come to their own decisions on this proposed sale. I'm dropping it at this point. Thanks for the feedback. 73s Bob KE5KDT
w8jn

outstanding

Post by w8jn »

bob.... good research. this is the type of work that prevents ripp offs.