N4CTF/WB4TDM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Leo Davis

N4CTF/WB4TDM

Post by Leo Davis »

I just completed a transaction with Troy D. "Boog" Moore, Jr., N4CTF. The item was exactly as described and arrived well packaged, in excellent condition, and in a timely manner. He kept me well informed throughout. He told me about the negative comments in this forum and asked that I read them before I committed to the deal. I found him to be honest, forthright, and above board. I would do business with him again without reservation. Thanks for a smooth transaction, Troy. What else have you got that I need? Leo
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

None of my business but I for one am very suspicious of first time posters who don't use their callsign............What is your call sign?
I'll bet I could post here as Leo Smith, Leo Jones, Leo Johnson.....and on and on and on....
Leo Davis

N4CTF/WB4TDM

Post by Leo Davis »

MY name is Leo Davis. My former callsign was N1QMR. As I explained to Troy when I inquired about the tuner, I'm trying to get back into Ham radio after letting my license lapse. However, from the tone of some of the e-mails I'm reading in this forum, it appears Ham radio has the gone the way of the rest of this country, and I'm not sure I want to participate again. It seems it's all about not taking responsibility when something we perceive to be bad happens to us, so let's find someone else to blame!

Well, Pardner, I posted a message on this board to tell folks that I made an honest deal with Mr. Moore. Common sense decrees that you gather information and make an informed decision about a purchase, and I'm trying to provide another bit of information to possibly help someone else make that informed decision. If you can't accept that at face value, that's your option, but don't malign me or anybody else who's trying to honestly convey information to the rest of the Ham community about a seller.

Just out of curiosity, how does posting a callsign ensure that what is written is gospel?
KC8KZY

Re: N4CTF/WB4TDM

Post by KC8KZY »

Leo Davis wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does posting a callsign ensure that what is written is gospel?

In reality, it doesn't. I get where KC0REY is coming from, and I suspect that you do, as well. Anyone can log in, post anything they want about a seller/buyer, then disappear. In bidding, they are known as shills. With a callsign attached, you can research past deals, see if the poster is the guys neighbor, etc. Basically, you put a name to the name.

Please don't mistake Internet forums for amateur radio, they are NOT the same thing. When you get re-licensed, get on the air and make contacts, then make your decision. You'll find far less turkeys on the air, than on the boards. Hope to work you someday.

Tom KC8KZY
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Lucky you as his feed back sure does not support your experience. But i do find it unusual that out of the sky blue just 2 days after his last complaint that you show up with praise. I really doubt if your compliment at this time is going to fixs his reputation that he has seemingly earned.....
Larry Huff K0pd