KF9Z

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w1cny

KF9Z

Post by w1cny »

Beware KF9Z. I report, you decide. Paid for item on July 6th. As of July 25th, item still not received. Several emails from seller stating it has been shipped. But 20 days later, still has not arrived. Caveat Emptor.
KC8KZY

Post by KC8KZY »

I've sent you an email. Seems we have something in common, besides AR.

Tom KC8KZY
wx1f

Re: KF9Z

Post by wx1f »

w1cny wrote:Beware KF9Z. I report, you decide. Paid for item on July 6th. As of July 25th, item still not received. Several emails from seller stating it has been shipped. But 20 days later, still has not arrived. Caveat Emptor.
Did you have tracking and insurance? Before pointing fingers, do your homework!! USPS lost 2 rigs I bought and or sold in the last two years because the buyer refused to pay extra for insurance or tracking and I was too cheap to pay out-of-pocket....then the buyer/seller busted because stuff got stolen! I swear...if I ship anything or buy anything without tracking and insurance (the MAINE Postal Service Distribution Center has a ham gear thief).....the package vanishes.. The USPS authorities have washed their hands of any complaint if tracking and insurance isn't purchased. And that includes PL-259 connectors my friends...it don't matter how small an item i order. If it ain't covered...it doesn't get here to there :!:
KC8KZY

Post by KC8KZY »

I had hoped this would not have to occur, but with a heavy heart, I must agree: Avoid dealing with KF9Z. I sent Darren a USPS MO on July 5, 2009 for an Icom IC740 tech special. A follow up email was sent, and was replied to on July 14, 2009, confirming receipt of money order, and promising shipping by UPS the next day, tracking info to follow. A week later, I sent another email asking about the unit that went unanswered. On July 26, 2009, I sent another email after hearing of the troubles Bob, W1CNY, was having with Darren. I informed Darren that he needed to contact me by 9 pm eastern time July 27, 2009. He was supplied with a phone number, or he could have responded by email on how he wanted to resolve this. I told him at this point, he could simply return the MO, or send another USPS MO out for the amount. He has not responded.

Darren is receiving his emails, they are not bouncing, and he responded to one that W1CNY had sent him on Sunday. I feel, at this point, that I have no other choice than to file charges with the police department in his city for theft, as well as with the Post Office for mail fraud. I have posted in this forum before, asking if anyone knew Darren, or of his situation. I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his lack of response speaks volumes. I am also asking that KA9FOX suspend Darren from posting classified ads at this time, until he can get whatever problems he is having cleared up. If or when this problem is resolved, I will update this thread.