Dishonest Trader N0LK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N9AMI

Dishonest Trader N0LK

Post by N9AMI »

Kevin Loyd of St Charles Mo. Recently I did a deal with him in a radio trade which he received a 100% working IC746 in trade for a Ten Tec Jupiter he was sending me. What I received was a piece of junk and a ton of lies to go along with it. I have filed with the usual departments but we all know its all a big joke. This man will try to throw you off the track stating what you sent him was not working, typical tactic with these sorts. I would advise not doing any business with him unless you have proof positive in hand a item is working. Now I am stuck with a non usable radio that had to be sent back to ten tec for repair. To a total of 397.64 and was told by them every screw and pod had been turned in the radio furthermore they had to replace the whole RF Board. This was not a shipping accident. You can see the invoice and updates on my web-page http://www.n9ami.com/forsale.htm

He was sent a certified letter with a copy of the invoice asking for restitution. This letter was recd monday the 20th with no reply as of yet. I doubt he will make good on this so this is why I am putting this information on the feedback site.
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

Man this kind of thing is no different than being a theif.Why do people want to lie like that just to make a trade..To me he may has well Stole your money..It's all the same..I hope you get something in return but i doubt you will..Good luck
w8jn

scam

Post by w8jn »

its unfortunate for you, however thanks for alerting us. this was his first and last scam....
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

It still amazes me how cheap and small minded with absolutely no honor people like a Kevin Loyd can be. I will remember this name Kevin Loyd.
Larry Huff K0pd