Great transaction with Alan Belz - KJ0Y

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ab7r

Great transaction with Alan Belz - KJ0Y

Post by ab7r »

I have been keeping my eyes open for a SS amp with a good reputation. I saw an ad from Alan for a year old Quadra and we started emailing back and forth including some phone calls. Alan answered all my questions, sent me about 25 pics with excellent detail and provided a great reference.
We made the deal but I was very nervous about the shipping of this Quadra amplifier from Iowa to WA. We both kicked in a few more bucks for what we felt would be a safer shipping method with Fedex 3-day service with insurance for $4K.
The amp arrive in fine shape and after I built some cables to interface with my Elecraft K3 for automatic operation it tested fine too. Seems like a new amplifier.

If anyone finds themselves in a position to deal with Alan he most certainly can be trusted. In fact after I confirmed with him the the bank check was on the way he shipped the amp the next day.

Thanks Alan and 73
Greg
AB7R