Waning. Watch out for Dan (W4XXL)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Jaybird

Waning. Watch out for Dan (W4XXL)

Post by Jaybird »

Dan sells and trades cb linears locally here in Kentucky. Hes on 11 meter right now as I type bothering people. Talking bout peoples familys and children. Dan obviously has nothing to do with his time except bother people on 11 meter.
Jason
KC8KZY

Post by KC8KZY »

This doesn't seem to really belong in the QTH swap forums unless he is selling something here. The best method for taking care of this problem would be either to tape him and send it to the FCC, or get an ARRL OO involved, and let it go from there. IMO, of course.

Tom KC8KZY
w8jn

credibility

Post by w8jn »

jaybird, i cannot argue the merits of your comments. i do see that you are making a comment and identifying an amateur radio operator by his call while you hide behind the anonymous name "jaybird". this approach kills your credibility.
best regards paul glassman w8jn
Jaybird

Post by Jaybird »

My name is Jason. Im not a ham operator. Ive seen posts on this site about Dan before is why i chose to post here. This has been going on for two years now and it needs to stop. As far as credibility, theres several more from this town who wouldn't care to back my story up. Like I said, it would be different if Dan was an average joe off the street, but he is a ham extra who is supposed to know the fcc rules and regs. You can e mail me at jbevins77@insightbb.com.
Jason
JudgeU2

Sounds like "Character Assasination to me!

Post by JudgeU2 »

If this is the case why don't you handle it mano e mano? This is no place for comments unrelated to the Amateur hobby, or a place to vent your frustration. My advice is to go get your ticket and forget the 11 meter bunch! So much filth on 11 meters that anyone in their right mind would'nt buy or own a CB!
Jaybird

Post by Jaybird »

Ive made that offer several times. Anytime someone offers to meet him somewhere, he calls the police. Thanks for your time.

Regards
Jason
Jason
w8jn

solution

Post by w8jn »

jason, this is an easy one. you know his name and location. go to the arrl web site and contact Chuck Skoulat. tell Chuck about your situation. ask him to put you in touch with your lic (local interference committee) they will record and document his violations. fcc will shut him down. its just that simple. you now have the knowledge.use the power.
73 paul w8jn
ps, you still have not posted your name and address