KD3UI--Huey---BEWARE!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ve2xb

KD3UI--Huey---BEWARE!!!

Post by ve2xb »

I bought an Icom 765 for not a cheap price. It was paid in full.
Huey has not responded to emails or phone messages at all. He has even been changing his phone announcements a few times a day.
Rig was supposed to be delivered in January but I gave him more than enough time to deliver.
I am out $900 bux. No radio, no follow up.
I hate saying this about another Ham but Huey is not an honest person at all.
I informed Scott Ka9fox about this terrible situation and he said Huey will be banned from the site.
73, Mike
ve2xb
ve2xb

KD3UI--Huey Carroll

Post by ve2xb »

Huey's last email to me:
mike, i am to be home on the 30th of january, from my military tour overseas. i have not been home in 3 months, and when u work for the us govt sometimes u never know. i also need the address to ship the box, as i have had a computer failure, and lost everything. sorry for the delay. thanks huey
I gave him the address several times and left a zillion messages and so did Bill, W3LUV in Delaware.
Fooey on Huey!!!
K4BOF

Post by K4BOF »

...from my military tour overseas...

IMHO, lower than the plain jane, "I was in the hospital" routine. Using the 'military' as a way out is downright wrong,... a shame.

Hope you get the radio or money back.

73 Bruce K4BOF
wx1f

Re: KD3UI--Huey---BEWARE!!!

Post by wx1f »

ve2xb wrote:I bought an Icom 765 for not a cheap price. It was paid in full.
Huey has not responded to emails or phone messages at all. He has even been changing his phone announcements a few times a day.
Rig was supposed to be delivered in January but I gave him more than enough time to deliver.
I am out $900 bux. No radio, no follow up.
I hate saying this about another Ham but Huey is not an honest person at all.
I informed Scott Ka9fox about this terrible situation and he said Huey will be banned from the site.
73, Mike
ve2xb
You've got his name and address. Get in touch with hams in his area...Contact the police in his town. If he is on active duty, the police can find out his military address and his commanding officer. There are hundreds of ways to find him. Don't EVER give up.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

If this person is in the Military first off Check out his back ground in his community and if you can locate his base of operations a Phone call and proof should settle his scam if he's in the Military. I have a Son career Green Beret and 3 month tours are almost non existant as far as his group goes. For $900.00 like WX1F stated don't give up and if you have home address and all i would start with the local law enforcement there...
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

special ops

Post by w8jn »

larry, my son in law is a colonel in special ops. just returning from overseas.
paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Good to hear about your Son. My Son (SargentRichard Huff) is finishing his required 3 yrs of training new Green Berets. He served 3 tours in Iraq has recieved many combat Medals and i can take Pride in as i trained and Coached amateur boxers for 20 yrs and he was one of them and won 3 regional GG. Was considered at one time before he found female love one of the best fighters in the country. Now the Army has him and he's planning it as his carrer and has now been in it 13 yrs i believe. Sent you e mail via qth but never heard back so i'm assuming it did not go through so answering you here.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

answer

Post by w8jn »

larry,
Thank your son for his service to our country and allowing people like me the freedom to get on the internet and annoy everyone hihi. i cant say to much about my son in law due to the sensitive nature of his position other than he has been in the far east area for two years and is headed back to the states where he will be shipped out soon. glad he is back. i have not seen my daughter or grandchildren for two years.
best 73 paul w8jn
Concerned Ham

Post by Concerned Ham »

I believe that Huey works for a company called Satterfield and Ryan in a town called Harrington DE. He is a registered electrician
w8jn

located

Post by w8jn »

mike,
try calling his company and ask for him. if they ask you to wait while they locate him, you now know he works there. try calling someone in management and see if they will be sympathetic to your situation. if you have no success, contact the police where he works and ask them if they will investigate your situation and maybe they will pay him a visit.
good luck paul w8jn
K4BOF

Post by K4BOF »

...Call us today at 302-422-4919
As a christian, family-owned business, Satterfield & Ryan brings honesty, integrity, and family values to each of our clients. We believe in treating everyone fairly and providing quality service at a fair price...

A simple Google search for 'Satterfield and Ryan' turned up the following hit pasted above.

Note that they believe in good values, integrity, and treating others fairly. I am sure they 'might' take an interest in your issue with one of their own employees?

Good luck. 73 Bruce K4BOF
w8jn

the answer

Post by w8jn »

mike, there you go. we hams in the usa dont like bad apples. you have all the information you need. now make the call. good luck. paul w8jn
ki4ucw

Post by ki4ucw »

mike, hang in there buddy - you are not alone - keep fighting the fight, something will give. i hope everything works out for ya - remember one thing, every dog has its day. huey has his coming.

good luck john ki4ucw
ve2xb

KD3UI--BEWARE!!!!!!!!!

Post by ve2xb »

The saga continues:
This is what I received recently:
hello iam angela carroll. my aunt found your email on my dads computer. she works for for a law firm in delaware, to get some legal advice on the qth ad. she recomended that i contact u direct to try to resolve the issue with the radio. i have found the radio that was discussed on the qth website, and she has told me to send you the radio and asorb the shipping costs .also she said that to ask you if u would contact the website moderator and have him remove the listing. we found a address maybe to ship the radio to. please advise the correct address. if that is acceptable i will ship the radio back to. also there is 2 hugh carrolls that live in greenwood. we dont want this to go any further that it already is. if this continues u will be contacted by the law firm. thanks for your time, and u can email me at 69cuda528hemi@gmail.com thanks angela
I replied:
Angela,
Your dad or whatever the relation you have to him did NOT send me my radio (after he sent me an email dated Jan. 2009. that it would be sent) I have been waiting all this time for it. I have been patient and understanding but this is the worst case I have seen at 6 months and not a peep, not an email, nada, zip, zilch. I am very glad that you are taking the lead.
I waited and waited for months, left messages on his phone, sent numerous emails to no avail.
Send the radio to ME.
When the radio arrives and I check to see that it is working AOK, I will write an update. I struggled with this for months and didn't want to write something so scathing--but still nothing from Huey--even now, he is not writing, you are.
What is the deal? Is he sick, away, what? Why can't he pick up the phone or answer his emails?
Thanks,
he will be home on tuesday. and he will contact you angela
Radio has NOT been sent yet.
Respectfully,
Mike, 2xb/w1
KC8KZY

Post by KC8KZY »

I call bullcrap on the email sent to you, Mike. If her aunt really worked for a law firm, she would know exactly what "Huey" would be facing when you take money for goods, and fail to deliver them.

Tom
ve2xb

KD3UI--HUEY CARROLL--BEWARE CONt'D...

Post by ve2xb »

Tom,
This is a veiled threat but I agree with you that this is bogus.
I have two brothers who are lawyers/attorneys and they said this is crap.
I appreciate all the support from the forum.
Thanks guys.
73, dx
Mike, 2xb
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I know you really believe it is his Daughter sending that e mail Right. And if by some strange chance it really was his Daughter you know and i know he was telling her what to write. Talk about hiding behind your Wifes/Daughters Skirt. How big a coward this Huey must be and what a sorry person in General.If it was me in your shoes ande after recieving that e mail i would be so angry and have absolutely no respect for the person and would if it takes eternity go after him until i recieved satisfaction.
Larry Huff K0pd