Dishonest Seller: WA2SEI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
bjgiacobello

Dishonest Seller: WA2SEI

Post by bjgiacobello »

I just had the mis fortune to have purchased and received an Icom 910H for $1,175 from WA2SEI, which was advertised on QTH.COM.. In the ad WA2SEI claimed that the unit was only seven months old and that it was basically in mint condition. When I received the unit, the output on 2M was only 40W (vs 100W spec) and the there was no output whatsoever on 440 MHz (vs 75W spec). Furthermore, it's physical condition was far less than "mint" with two scratches on the LCD's plexiglass and beverage glass rings on the top cover..

I called Icom and asked them to check the serial number (0602096). They reported that the unit was sold by K2KJI Electronics in June 2007. K2KJI confirmed the sale date. Thus, it is two years old and, more importantly, out of warrantee. (WA2SEI's advertisemnet is copied below.)

I contacted WA2SEI, and he refused to take it back and refused to have it repaired by Icom at his expense. He claimed that the unit was working when it left his premises and wanted me to ship it to Icom for repair and file a claim with the carrier (USPS.) I asked that he first send $200 to cover at least the minimum level of factory repair (They charge $84/hr.) , and he told me to go F**k myself.

I will send the unit to Icom for repair and bear the cost myself. However, I must alert those of you who buy on QTH.COM of this seller's brazenly dishonest practices I should also add that I have bought and sold ham equipment on the Internet and packet for at least 16 years and have had few, if any, bad experiences. Dealing with hams is almost a risk-free activity.

WA2SEI currently has a PW-1 solid state HF Amp for sale in the classifieds. Forewarned is forearmed.

K2XX
Joe Giacobello
Floyd, VA

> Name: RAYMOND CZYZEWSKI
> Phone Number: 386-684-9046
> Callsign: WA2SEI
> Category: RADIOVHF
> Heading: ICOM 910H VHF-UHF-SATELITE TRANSCIEVER
> Ad Message:
> DUE TO MEDICAL EXPENCES I AM SELLING A SEVEN MONTH OLD ICOM 910H SATELITE TRANCIVER, IT IS MULTI MODE ON VHF AND UHF WITH TWO UT-106 DSP UNITS ONE FOR TWO METERS THE OTHER FOR 432 ALSO INSTALLED IS A FL-132 500HZ NARROW CW FILTER THE UNIT IS LIKE BRAND NEW I PAID OVER 1700.00 PLUS SHIPPING FROM KJI ELECTRONICS IN NEW JERSEY ASKING 1400.00 FIRM PLUS 25.00 SHIPPING AND INSHURANCE YOU CAN HAVE IT JUST IN TIME FOR THE VHF CONTESTS IN JUNE I AM INCLUDING A 25 AMP SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HURRY THIS UNIT WONT LAST LONG I HATE TO SELL IT BUT I HAVE SOME SERIOUS MEDICAL BILLS THANKS FOR LOOKING ..RAY/WA2SEI POSTAL MONEY ORDERS,ONLY{ i have photos but dont know how to shrink them to fit on web page i can email them to you} NO DENTS, NO SCRATCHES, MINT CONDITION, NONE SMOKER 386-684-9046 "PRICE REDUCED 200.00 ITS A GREAT DEAL FO SOMEONE"
wa2sei

JOE K2XX IS A CON ARTIST

Post by wa2sei »

HE SAID I WAS DISHONEST BUT I HAVE BEEN LICENCED 50 YEARS AND DONT OPERATE THAT WAY, THE MAN CALLS ME AND SAID SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE UNIT, AND ASK'S ME TO SEND HIM 500.00 NOT 200.00 AND NO CONFERMATION THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE UNIT I HAD TWO HAMS OVER TO MY SHACK AND I DEMOED THE UNIT AND IT WAS 100% ONE HAM OFFEREED TO BUY AT THE ORIGINAL PRICE I WAS ASSKING BUT I ALREADY COMMITED TO JOE K2XX THAT HE COULD BUY IT AND TOLD THE OTHE HAM IT WAS SOLD I TOLD HIMTO SEND THE RADIO TO ICOM AND SHOW ME AN ESTIMET AND THEN WE CAN TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM I WAS NOT BORN YESTERDAY AND I CAN SMELL A CON JOB WHEN I HERE IT I JUST DONT SEND MONIES UNLESS I HAVE A GOOD REASON I WILL NOT TAKE SOMEONES WORD WITH NO VERIFACATION THIS MAN SHOULD GET A GRIP NO ONE IS THAT STUPID AND AS FAR AS THE PW1 IF YOUR INTERESTED COME TO MY SHACK AND LOOK AT IT AND I WILL FIRE IT UP AND YOU CAN SEE NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT DONT SELL ANYTHING TO JOE-K2XX HES A TUBE SHORT IN THE FINALS,,,,,,,,,,,RAY/WA2SEI IM NOT THE DISHONEST PERSON HE IS
ab7r

Re: Dishonest Seller: WA2SEI

Post by ab7r »

"I WILL NOT TAKE SOMEONES WORD WITH NO VERIFACATION "

Then why should anyone buy anything from you without verification the radio is working correctly?

This might be a good business opportunity! Everyone send their radios to me and I will verify they are working correctly and certify the physical condition for a fee of $50. Then I'll ship the item to the buyer on the seller's dime. :)

Greg
AB7R
bjgiacobello

Re: JOE K2XX IS A CON ARTIST

Post by bjgiacobello »

The only con artist is WA2SEI. First of all, he claimed the unit was only seven months old, which implies it's under warranty. It was two years old and quite clearly not in mint condition. Obviously, if it were under warranty, there would be no hesitation on his part to have it repaired.

Furthermore, the items in the shipping box were so poorly (loosely) packed that you could hear them moving around inside. So an argument can be made that they were damaged in transit, but the nature of the malfunctions (one band low in output with the other having no output at all) is an unlikely coincidence.

WA2SEI is either sadly mistaken or lying again. I quite clearly asked for $200 up front to cover the anticpated cost of repairs. If I had had a chance to finish my sentence before being interrupted with a "f**k you," I would
have said "and I'll return any balance after the repair is completed." The $500 figure is either a pure fabrication or a pipe dream.

The radio is going to Icom today. Let's see what their assessment and charges are. If Ray is willing to pay for the repair, as he now seems to imply, then I'll gladly report the charges to him and on this forum. He can then reimburse me, if he is indeed the responsible, honest ham that he claims to be. In that case, I will gladly report the payment on this forum.

The bottom line: Let's see what Icom's service department says. In the meantime and in view of the foregoing, prudence requires that potential buyers postpone their consideration of the purchase of WA2SEI's PW-1.

73, Joe
K2XX

wa2sei wrote:HE SAID I WAS DISHONEST BUT I HAVE BEEN LICENCED 50 YEARS AND DONT OPERATE THAT WAY, THE MAN CALLS ME AND SAID SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THE UNIT, AND ASK'S ME TO SEND HIM 500.00 NOT 200.00 AND NO CONFERMATION THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE UNIT I HAD TWO HAMS OVER TO MY SHACK AND I DEMOED THE UNIT AND IT WAS 100% ONE HAM OFFEREED TO BUY AT THE ORIGINAL PRICE I WAS ASSKING BUT I ALREADY COMMITED TO JOE K2XX THAT HE COULD BUY IT AND TOLD THE OTHE HAM IT WAS SOLD I TOLD HIMTO SEND THE RADIO TO ICOM AND SHOW ME AN ESTIMET AND THEN WE CAN TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM I WAS NOT BORN YESTERDAY AND I CAN SMELL A CON JOB WHEN I HERE IT I JUST DONT SEND MONIES UNLESS I HAVE A GOOD REASON I WILL NOT TAKE SOMEONES WORD WITH NO VERIFACATION THIS MAN SHOULD GET A GRIP NO ONE IS THAT STUPID AND AS FAR AS THE PW1 IF YOUR INTERESTED COME TO MY SHACK AND LOOK AT IT AND I WILL FIRE IT UP AND YOU CAN SEE NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT DONT SELL ANYTHING TO JOE-K2XX HES A TUBE SHORT IN THE FINALS,,,,,,,,,,,RAY/WA2SEI IM NOT THE DISHONEST PERSON HE IS
wa2sei

K2XX IS A JACK-OFF

Post by wa2sei »

JOE K2XX, YOUR A IF YOU THINK IM GOING TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY AFTER CALLING ME "DISHONEST" YOU HADE BETTER XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX . I DONT WANT ANY THING TO DO WITH YOU, AND AS FAR AS THE PW1 THE GUY IS HERE NOW PICKING IT UP HE IS TRYING IT OUT AND PURCHASING IT SO YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [Vulgar dialog and sexual innuendo deleted de Monitor]
bjgiacobello

Re: K2XX IS A JACK-OFF

Post by bjgiacobello »

Gentlemen, my point is made.

73, Joe