W7RY - Wicked Buyer - BEWARE DEALING WITH JIM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
na1a

W7RY - Wicked Buyer - BEWARE DEALING WITH JIM

Post by na1a »

SELLER AND BUYER beware when dealing with Jim (W7RY). I encountered an un-fortunate situation when I sold him an excellent condition YU-209 (8877) tube. After about a week, he sent me an e-mail complaining that the tube wasn't like what he was expecting and my description was deceiving. He said the tube wasn't a pulse tube. Well I thought the tube was a pulse tube so I advertised as such. I offered to take back the tube for a refund less shipping (since I paid the shipping to him in the first place). He refused to send the tube back and demanded a full refund. I would have honored his request for a full refund if he paid for shipping in the first place. In this case, I paid for shipping, so it would only be fair to refund the total amount paid less shipping charge. Don't you think?
Overall, my ad clearly specified that this was an Eimac YU-209,. So he ought to know what he was getting before even committed to make the purchase. Give me a break!
When you buy anything on-line and later on you want to return, it doesn't matter what the reason might be, you'll have to pay for shipping both ways, regardless. Some folks even charge you re-stocking fees.
What a whiner Jim is. So, just beware when you run across him whether you are buying something from him or especially selling anything to him. I would not be a bid surprise if one day I received another e-mail from him saying that the tube was a bad..
W7RY is one of those types of people who just cannot be pleased.
Remember his call: W7RY. His name is JAMES D COLVILLE. He goes by JIM and lives in Washington state. Remember that and beware when dealing with him.
Last edited by na1a on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
w7ry

Post by w7ry »

Thanks Duke!

I see you conveniently didn't mention that you advertised it as a 3CPX1500A7 did you? I though not.

73 Duke.

Jim W7RY
w7ry

Post by w7ry »

Oh.... I almost forgot....

I see you also didn't mention that you received the postal money order in a timely manner either....

Nor did you ask for or mention you wanted to be paid for the shipping charges when I asked for a total amount for the money order.

I guess these details simply slipped your mind.

Jim W7RY
na1a

Post by na1a »

Per your comments: "I see you conveniently didn't mention that you advertised it as a 3CPX1500A7 did you? I though not". Well Jim, you seemed to know a lot about this tube, much more than I do, so why didn't you correct me right at the beginning that the YU-209 wasn't the 3CPX1500A7? More importantly, why did you even bother to buy it.? That's what I don't understand. Is it because you just want to buy it to stir up the pot?
My ad stated that it was $285 shipped. You knew that but still asked and I re-iterated that it was $285 including shipping. You had no further questions. About your prompt payment, that is to be expected and understood in all transactions. I don't have to mention about that and everyone knows it too.
Like others have commented about you with their threads in the other post, stand up like a man and accept your mistake. I accepted mine by offering you to return the tube for refund. You did not do your due deligence prior to making the purchase, so that was your mistake and I was not going to pay for it. And besides, I paid for the shipping to you in the first place.
From what I can see, your posting and other people's comment regarding this transaction just unfold how ignorant and thick you are.
While we're on this subject, let me tell you something, with your attitude and unwilling to accept the truth, I have decided to rescind my offer to you in regards to accepting that tube back. Knowing the type of person you are, this tube is now yours. Return for a refund is no longer an option.
I have nothing further to say to you.
Have a nice day.
Duke
kw0o

W7RY

Post by kw0o »

Well, I have known Jim for near 20 years, and I would stand beside him any day.
He has more education in electronics field than anyone I know.
I have noted over the years, he is very honest and fair about dealings.
I believe na1a is mistaken about Jim.
de kw0o kn
w8jn

duke

Post by w8jn »

i dont know jim. i have followed this deal and from reading the notes posted, jim is either afflicted with dementia precox, or shouldnt be trusted with sharp objects, electricity, or any bottle can or container with a skull and cross bones on the label.
Duke properly listed the numbers and mistakenly described the tube as "pulse rated". looking up the numbers clearly indicate the tube is not pulse rated. jim wanted a pulse rated tube and bought it anyway. duke made an error in description however the numbers were correct and jim should have done his due diligence and asked questions. duke offered a refund. jim decided to make duke out to be a cross between jeffery dahmer, john wayne gacey and charles ponzi. come on jimmy boy... you are way out of line and out of control.
please be aware that the 209 cannot be used as dental floss, fix-a-flat, home appendix removal, doggy treats or a cure for global warming.
jim you should consider civil litigation accusing duke of intentional infliction of emotional distress, nightmares, miscarriages, weight loss, weight gain, deng fever, eboli, and leprosy. best 73 paul w8jn
kg4mlo

Re: duke

Post by kg4mlo »

Here goes xxxxxx again. Where's the moderator? [ Vulgarity not to be used on this site. de Moderator]
uote="w8jn"]i dont know jim. i have followed this deal and from reading the notes posted, jim is either afflicted with dementia precox, or shouldnt be trusted with sharp objects, electricity, or any bottle can or container with a skull and cross bones on the label.
Duke properly listed the numbers and mistakenly described the tube as "pulse rated". looking up the numbers clearly indicate the tube is not pulse rated. jim wanted a pulse rated tube and bought it anyway. duke made an error in description however the numbers were correct and jim should have done his due diligence and asked questions. duke offered a refund. jim decided to make duke out to be a cross between jeffery dahmer, john wayne gacey and charles ponzi. come on jimmy boy... you are way out of line and out of control.
please be aware that the 209 cannot be used as dental floss, fix-a-flat, home appendix removal, doggy treats or a cure for global warming.
jim you should consider civil litigation accusing duke of intentional infliction of emotional distress, nightmares, miscarriages, weight loss, weight gain, deng fever, eboli, and leprosy. best 73 paul w8jn[/quote]
wx1f

Re: duke

Post by wx1f »

kg4mlo wrote:Here goes xxxxxxx again. Where's the moderator?

[/quote]
Yes...where IS the moderator. [Vulgar sentence deleted. de Moderator]
w8jn

kg4mlo

Post by w8jn »

good morning gordon,
kg4mlo, reminds us of the tough guy in kindergarten who called you names, stuck his tongue out and as soon as you took one step in his direction, he hid behind mommy and teacher yelling, "mommy mommy help me help me" har har har. until this moron can jump out of my computer with a crowbar in his hand, his name calling and face making is laughable. he and jim are perfect for each other.
kg4mlo maybe you should send your mommy after me. you keep telling on me and it isnt working!
"paul, stop it now or i'm gonna tell on you... teacher teacher paul is a bad boy" ohhh boo hoo hoo said paul.
73 and happy hoss tradin... paul w8jn
ps kg4mlo please dont tell on me.....