WB4TDM Warning Bait and Switch

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD7RUR

WB4TDM Warning Bait and Switch

Post by KD7RUR »

I offered to buy a roller inductor and capacitor from Troy D. "Boog" Moore Jr.
He told me it was sold. He then emailed me back saying the other buyer backed out of the deal and asked if I still wanted to buy the roller inductor and capacitor.
I said yes where do you want me to send the US postal money order.He then emailed me asking if I wanted to buy the rest of the parts for the dissembled antenna tuner.My response was "I'll pass".He took this to mean that I didn't want the roller inductor and capacitor and that I wanted the rest of the scrap tuner.
When I got the shipment from him he sent me the scrap parts and not the roller inductor and capacitor I paid for.I emailed him and asked him where my parts were and if he would refund my money.I also asked him if he wanted me to ship his parts back to him.He didn't want them back.He said shipping cost him around $20.00, which would have been less if he didn't stuff the box with his trash envelopes for packing. He took my trying to negotiate with him as a threat and would not comprise in any way.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY
w0bkr

Other posts on this guy in the forum

Post by w0bkr »

Please see topic in forum:

BEWARE OF WB4TDM

Seems more has been written. FYI
wb4tdm

"Bait and Switch"!?!?!?!?!?

Post by wb4tdm »

wayne rupp
kd7rur

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 pm Post subject: WB4TDM Warning Bait and Switch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I offered to buy a roller inductor and capacitor from Troy D. "Boog" Moore Jr.
He told me it was sold. He then emailed me back saying the other buyer backed out of the deal and asked if I still wanted to buy the roller inductor and capacitor.
I said yes where do you want me to send the US postal money order.He then emailed me asking if I wanted to buy the rest of the parts for the dissembled antenna tuner.My response was "I'll pass".He took this to mean that I didn't want the roller inductor and capacitor and that I wanted the rest of the scrap tuner.
When I got the shipment from him he sent me the scrap parts and not the roller inductor and capacitor I paid for.I emailed him and asked him where my parts were and if he would refund my money.I also asked him if he wanted me to ship his parts back to him.He didn't want them back.He said shipping cost him around $20.00, which would have been less if he didn't stuff the box with his trash envelopes for packing. He took my trying to negotiate with him as a threat and would not comprise in any way.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY

Troy Moore
WB4TDM

Wayne is telling the truth up to the point he declined the second set of parts. The following is what really happened. I advertised a roller inductor, variable capacitor and 2 knobs. I had some other tuner parts for sale and they were advertised. Wayne sent an email and said he wanted the roller inductor, capacitor and knobs. I returned and told him they had been spoken for but I would keep his name and email and let him know if the deal fell thru. Well, the other guy changed his mind for whatever reason and I let Wayne know. I also told him about the second set of parts. He asked for pictures and I sent them. He declined the package deal and asked for the second set of parts. So when the money order got here , $35.00, I sent the parts right out. Then an email arrives saying I sent him the wrong parts to which I replied that I had sent what he asked for. Then he demanded a refund for the $35.00 and that I also send him the funds to ship the parts back here. Naturally I told him no way. The next thing he wanted was for me to send him $15.00 and he would throw away the parts I sent him. I declined that also. Then he got kind of angry and said I was very stupid and what was I doing, "trying to lose my soul". After these kinds of comments, I told him no refund/return of any kind, that he had paid for the parts he asked for and I asked him to leave me alone. People can believe what they want to. This is what happened. In my opinion, Wayne changed his mind and tried to make me the bad guy when I wouldn't send the money for shipping the parts back and refund the $35.00. By the way, how does he know so much about "bait and switch", as he called it!?!?!?!?
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

There is always two sides to the story and in serious cases why a Judge and Jury are often needed...
Larry Huff K0pd
KD7RUR

N4ctf

Post by KD7RUR »

Here's another one of his call signs: n4ctf
Do a search on it.
Moore dirty deeds!
wb4tdm

Re: N4ctf

Post by wb4tdm »

KD7RUR wrote:Here's another one of his call signs: n4ctf
Do a search on it.
Moore dirty deeds!

Well, well, well.................stil won't leave it alone!? All should read what Leo Davis had to say about our deal.

Rupp.........you need to be careful. Your lies will come back to bite you!