KD8FZH Mark Clay Sr. BEWARE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K0GSL

KD8FZH Mark Clay Sr. BEWARE

Post by K0GSL »

Sent Mark money 1 month ago for a book he had listed here on QTH,a few days later he sent me Email stating he sold book to someone else and would return money,Well he never returned money and he will not answer E mails sent to him.I guess if your name and reputation is only worth $8 then I need not explain further.
KB3PET

Post by KB3PET »

Did he e-mail you offering your money back? I have purchased many books from Mark with no problems. I don't think there was any malicious actions here. Some times people make mistakes. Before we accuse someone of wrong doing we should exhaust all forms of communications. Just my 2 cents worth.
73 and God Bless
Bob kb3pet
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

KB3PET wrote:Did he e-mail you offering your money back? I have purchased many books from Mark with no problems. I don't think there was any malicious actions here. Some times people make mistakes. Before we accuse someone of wrong doing we should exhaust all forms of communications. Just my 2 cents worth.
73 and God Bless
Bob kb3pet
When someone "doesn't answer emails" ...maybe their spam filter is working overtime. :(
Last edited by wx1f on Sun May 09, 2010 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kd8fzh

GARY, COULD YOU PLEASE RE-CONSIDER AND DELETE THE POSTING?

Post by kd8fzh »

Gary has the right to delete his complaint, or leave it posted. He ordered the book and sent an e-mail indicating he would send a money order. Several days had passed and I had forgotten about his e-mail indicating he would purchase the book. In the meantime, I forgot to remove the book from the ad postings because I am often bogged down with academics amongst other obligations. About 2 days later another amateur e-mailed wanting to purchase that book and 3 others. Furthermore, he wanted me to quote a price for all 3 books including shipping and handling. Please keep in mind that while this was occurring, Gary’s money order was in transient via U.S. mail to my destination. Therefore, like mentioned I had forgotten about selling the book to Gary “ a mistake.” So, I sold it in addition to two other books to another amateur using Paypal.

Approximately, two days later Gary’s money order arrived and then I remembered I had sold it to Gary. Immediately, I e-mailed Gary explaining what had happened. Most importantly, I provided the following options:
1. Return his money order
2. Substitute a book comparable to the one he ordered
3. Attempt to find an exact replacement book
I sent several e-mails to Gary disclosing almost word-for-word what happened, furthermore, offering set-forth options. Over nearly a week I never received any e-mails from Gary, therefore, a short time later I managed to find the exact same book only in red rather than black binding. The book was packed and ready to be shipped the next day. Then that morning when I awoke, Gary mentioned that he had posted a Beware Buyer notice on the chat bulletin board.

While I don’t dispute his claims that it took nearly a month to get his book, somehow there must have been a breakdown in communications. Perhaps his e-mail was going to the junk bin or being spammed.

Conclusively, Gary’s book has been delivered to his address according to USPS postal confirmation: 0306 3030 0001 8706 1927

Thanks
Sincerely:
Mark A. Clay SR.
KD8FZH
K0GSL

Book Received

Post by K0GSL »

Received book,all is well !
kd8fzh

Post by kd8fzh »

see, I am please to hear you received your book. Although, I have more to sell; I have several things here to keep me busy for a while.
Academics-School session will be over the week after next. I am lacking two years being 50 years old am currently attempting a second Master's Degree.
I hope no one looks down on me for selling books just because I have three college degrees and working on another one. Remember, some of the best authors of books have technical degrees. William Orr, Delton Horn, William Shrader, Joseph Carr, and many others are known for having more than a technical education.

Again, I think Gary was not receiving my e-mails while I was attempting to locate a book he ordered that I forgot about and sold prior to receiving his money order.

Gary was honest by admiting he received the book.

If Gary had intentionally wanted to ruin my reputation he could have said he did not receive the book regardless of tracking.
wa8mea

Junk filters

Post by wa8mea »

One of the biggest problems facing amateur radio transactions, both from a private seller standpoint as well as from a commercial standpoint....is the buyer having his e-mail filter set too high.

In fact, I needed to recently get in touch with a customer and I was required to "fill out a form" in order for my e-mail to be "processed"!

Folks, if you want responses back on when and how stuff is being shipped, unlock those junk filters and just take a few extra seconds to delete the Nigerian e-mail scams.

73, Bill - WA8MEA
wx1f

Re: I AM AFRAID THE SAME IS GOING TO HAPPEN

Post by wx1f »

kd8fzh wrote:Conclusively, why isn't anyone ordering anything now; what's changed? I have not cheated anybody. Ever since this first mis-understanding, thus, I have been unable to sell anything.

Sincerely:
KD8FZH
You're such a really nice guy...I don't understand why anyone would cease buying from you.
Last edited by wx1f on Sat May 08, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kd8fzh

BEWARE: I have made it right and now people just harrass me

Post by kd8fzh »

Someone is out to get me and I have not sold them anything. There's a few people who seem to get their kicks off harrassing me and it had better stop.

I try to be a nice amateur, however, I be ( ) if I am going to set back and allow people to post negatively to damage, ruin, or blackball my ability to sale. Oh, I can sure buy, however, when it comes time to sell we sometimes see a different story.

I have been attempting to sell a Micronta Transistor Tester on QTH. Another amataur e-mails and says to use E-bay for that kind of stuff. Sirs, the difference is;
1. If you purchase from E-bay you might get an item that does not work
2. When you purchase an item from me, thus, it is tested before it leaves this location;. I have several pieces of test equipment; Multitesters, Sine-Square
generators, Oscilloscope, signal tracers, RF signal generators and a frequency counter.

Do you believe if you would order a Micronta transistor tester from E-hay someone there would take time to clean the contacts and at least check it with a new battery and either a PNP or NPN transistor for hfe/gain? No!

Please, thiink before you post and attempt to not damage my reputation. Look above at all this crap. Do you see what happened? I got accused of being a bad guy, then when they determined nothing was wrong they left the post saying
KD8FZH "Beware" that sticks out like a U.S. Navy Battleship

Well, that's about all I have to say. Please, if you want to conduct busines with me I am fair and people realize that.

Thanks
Sincerely:
Mark A. Clay SR.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

This is a very interesting thread. It interlocks very nicely with a posting in Classifieds Chat from a fellow who cannot grasp the fact there are sellers who accept Paypal only. I wrote a response to him days ago that cites the same situations you have faced here. Snail Mail and Maybe-Pay leave a lot of room for trouble indeed. Paypal may not be perfect but it sure solves a bundle of potential problems at BOTH ends of a transaction.

In your case ,Paypal could helped prevent the "WATCH OUT FOR *******. Posting .

From the "Classifieds Discussion " arae:
n8cbc wrote:Guys, I'm kind of a newbie, I guess. I've only been doing this internet swapping stuff for 18 years. I thought I figured out just about everything. But today I was sitting back on my haunches reading the ads and whammo!!!

I read a ad that says, "Payment by Paypal only!" Now I admit, I don't like Paypal, or EBay for that matter, but I always figured, to each his own, if someone wanted to do the Paypal thingy, it doesn't hurt me.
But someone tell me what the advantage is to specify "PAYPAL ONLY", doesn't that narrow down the available buyers?
What's wrong with USPS Money Orders? I've been buying with Postal Money Orders all these years, and to best of my knowledge, every money order I sent must have been good, cause I never had a complaint.

So would someone explain this to me, I'm old, but not to old to learn.
There are many reasons for preferring Paypal as a seller. A primary one is the old "Check is in the mail" syndrome. Would be buyers with insufficient funding swear they sent the money. Of course in the meantime the seller turns down 3 other real buyers, perhaps even a few able and willing to use Paypal. Time drags on , excuses flow ....

No doubt , later the seller finds a real buyer. At that point the dead beat seller may well show up online . The dead beat then bashes seller for not waiting for the "second" money order. Worse yet claiming the seller received the money order but accepted a higher offer in the meantime ! Seen it happen.
If the seller is willingly limiting his pool of prospects so be it. That is his choice. It is the way transactions take place. Buyer and seller agree to terms mutually. If either or is unwilling or unable to agree, so be it . Better the two avoid dealing with one another.
I deal with unknown individuals either in person with cash or over distances with Paypal, buying or selling.
kd8fzh

Reasonable Items for Sale on this website

Post by kd8fzh »

While freedom of speech is legal here in our country, thus, when it is used to maliciously damage an individual’s reputation then it is slander.
I am not going to mention the amateur radio operator call-sign because he might have been just attempting to help out. I realize that it would be quite stupid to attempt to sell such items on this websites as; toasters, home stereos, cassette decks, record players, 8-track players, commercial broadcast equipment, other than processors which can be placed in front of modified broadcast transmitters for 160 meters. Citizens Band radios are permissible to post on this website to the best of my knowledge, however, if I would sell one I would prefer to use 11 meters. Most importantly, I started talking on 11 meters with just 100 mill-watts decades ago. But, to advertise modified amateur radio transceivers to use for 11 meters on this or any other amateur classified website would be taboo.
A fellow amateur approached me earlier today concerning an ad pertaining to a Micronta Transistor tester that was discontinued many moons ago by the Shack. Most importantly, he was not interested in the device, however, worded his e-mail in an intimidating manner as to sell such devices would constitute selling them on e-bay. Most importantly, it is quite feasible to sell on e-bay. However, looking at the buyer perspective we might base our opinions on the following assumption; most often when an amateur’s take pride in selling good equipment and it functionality. Most generally, when we purchase items from other hams we can be 99.999 sure the item will arrive and perform according to what was advertised. If you purchase amateur radio equipment from e-bay, thus, you might purchase amateur transmitting equipment from non-licensed people. While this is not illegal, thus, some unlicensed individuals might have transmitted without using an antenna, thus, damaging the finals. Furthermore, when you purchase most electronic test equipment from e-bay it is untested. Before I sell test equipment or any type of equipment that is related to amateur radio I put it through tests.
For example, the transistor tester I have listed has been cleaned and tested to check NPN-PNP transistors. Like I mentioned; sometimes we can get a rough idea of a transistor condition by utilization of an analog ohm meter by measuring the front –to-back resistance between the emitter, base, and collector leads of a transistor. However, this tester will do almost as much as a curve tracer connected to a scope. This tester checks hfe gain just as the transistor does under normal load by providing a visual indication when adjusting a pot that essentially changes applied bias voltage between base-to-emitter and collector-to-emitter Vce & Vbe for changes in hfe (Collector Current). Therefore, sometimes we might get a good forward to back difference and the transistor could either provide less than optimal current gain, or distortion when used for class A amplification. Therefore, this item would-could be used for some items related to amateur radio. There might be some amateurs out there who can repair their own newer radios. I cannot surface mount solder, however, it would appear to me that the device I have listed is suited to be advertised on QTH.
Conclusively, I test everything stoled before it is shipped to the buyer. If you notice an amateur might be reluctant to do business with me due to this posting. However, if he would read all that has been posted, thus, he would see what happened. The people who generated negative publicity about me initially did not remove their post even when they were please with their purchase.
n5wrx

Well ...as I see it ....

Post by n5wrx »

If you dont have the time to take care of business ... you got no business selling anything.

This crap of ... Gee I got busy ... or Oh I forgot ... no big deal.
BS!
You screwed up and now you are paying the dues.
Get over it, treat people with respect and possibly someone ... someday ... might trust you enough to buy something from you.
kd8fzh

Again, I am asking people to stop harrassing me

Post by kd8fzh »

People whom I don't even know are giving me a bad reputation. Please don't do this as freedom of speech is legal, but intentionally giving an individual a bad one is illegal. Thanks
:D

Can people understand plain language or what?
k4kk

Re: Book Received

Post by k4kk »

K0GSL wrote:Received book,all is well !
Isn't that supposed to be the end?