W3NRL bad seller becarfull !!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kb3rsb

W3NRL bad seller becarfull !!

Post by kb3rsb »

bought a amp from him on qth al572 $875.00 + 3% pay pal =$901.25 + shipping $88.75 = $990.00 he shipped postal shipping price was $36.65 - $990.00 = $936.90 / $ 53.10 diference he told me to ship amp back when he got it he would refund money, i paid him before he shipped amp ? all i ask for was dif. in shipping , i wish i could have trusted him or i would have ! by the way no tubes in amp bought it this way ! i put 4 new taylor matched quads burned them in 4 hours , hooked amp up , started to tune with atp102 pulser as soon as i put drive to it amp smoked ! on its way to ameritron !! expensive lesson , i tryed calling him & emailing but his son said i was being nasty , i was not ! he told me he was turning me into state police & da in his county seat. same state i live in ,well i guess ive learned my lesson !!!! also my falt for not checking shipping ! there was no handling charges , thank you nick and nick jr i cant wait to see his reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never thought a nother ham would do this / ripped off bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ad # 733431 :( what goes around comes around } god bless
Last edited by kb3rsb on Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KC8KZY

Post by KC8KZY »

Just curious, here. Why was the amp sold without the tubes?
kb3rsb

Post by kb3rsb »

told me he sold the tubes , some people wanted the tubes some just wanted the amp ! my falt i should have known better > lesson learned < check his listing
wx1f

Re: w3nrl becarefull dont buy from !!!!!!!!!

Post by wx1f »

kb3rsb wrote:bought a amp from him on qth al572 $875.00 + 3% pay pal =$901.25 + shipping $88.75 = $990.00 he shipped postal shipping price was $36.65 - $990.00 = $936.90 / $ 53.10 diference he told me to ship amp back when he got it he would refund money, i paid him before he shipped amp ? all i ask for was dif. in shipping , i wish i could have trusted him or i would have ! by the way no tubes in amp bought it this way ! i put 4 new taylor matched quads burned them in 4 hours , hooked amp up , started to tune with atp102 pulser as soon as i put drive to it amp smoked ! on its way to ameritron !! expensive lesson , i tryed calling him & emailing but his son said i was being nasty , i was not ! he told me he was turning me into state police & da in his county seat. same state i live in ,well i guess ive learned my lesson !!!! also my falt for not checking shipping ! there was no handling charges , thank you nick and nick jr i cant wait to see his reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never thought a nother ham would do this / listing # qth 738813
I see he has treated others ok. Makes you wonder why he decided to treat you badly. Happened to me, too. A guy with 40 positives took me to the cleaners with a junk mic. And I never did anything to him!!
kb3rsb

Post by kb3rsb »

i dont know his son emailed me and said his dad was in hospital for 3 weeks ? maby it was his son! i think w3nrl is a elderly gent . thanks
kb3rsb

Post by kb3rsb »

i called ameritron amp is fixed , problem was ac cap on tunning board was bad , shorted out one tube then shorted out two more , ameritron recomended four new tubes. it was a proublem in amp. now i know why he sold amp with no tubes ! $1377.00 for amp with repairs could have bought a new al572 for that much. yes i do have the facts on work sheet ! never buy OFF W3NRL
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

2nd rule of thumb , try fixing it yourself and save a pile of money. Ameritron Amplifiers are extremely easy to fix, they have limited components and all diagrams and troubleshooting help is on line, just Google it.

A simple DMM is all you need to fix just about any linear amplifier. If you do not know how to test components , go to www.youtube.com and type in key works and in most cases someone shows you how in live video!
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kb3rsb

Post by kb3rsb »

thankyou i know ameritron amps are pretty simple to work on , but after what i spent i was up set , so i just spent more. it was what he did is my point ! i wouldnt do that to anyone , bad seller W3NRL < i know what you were saying,ive rebuilt sb 220 , yaesu 2100bs . but any how thank you for your in put. thanks kb3rsb
w3nrl

Re: W3NRL

Post by w3nrl »

to those who marked me bad seller but yet i bought lots from this site and many others and yes i was burned , burned many times and yet they have taken my money with no exchange of any product now for the amp guy who does not pay attention i stated NO TUBES ALSO STATED THE AMP WAS NOT IN MY POSITION THAT AMITRON HAD IT AND I PAID 394. FOR THE REPAIRS AND TOLD TO SHIP IT TO MY BROTHERS ELSE THEY WILL NOT SHIP. so if the amp didnt worK i said to ship it back for full refund,
what more do you want if i did any body wrong ship back for full refund period dont be so ego minded and keep some thing then bitch about IT.
I have dealt with many hammers on all sites and when i bought something that was not as advertise they told no returns, thats not me if you dont like WHAT YOU BOUGHT let me know.

hell i bought a mfj 1786 or so i thought, till time to use it found out the antenna was not in the condition they stated as matter of fact it was not a 1786 he told me he used it on 10 ........no way in hell ( it was MFJ 1788 ) i didnt bitch about it or put the mans name out there as BE CAREFUL OR DONT DEAL WITH...
BEFORE YOU HANG SOMEBNODY LEARN TO HANG YOURSELF.
if you cant say any thing good dont say anything!
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick
kb3rsb

Re: W3NRL bad seller becarfull !!

Post by kb3rsb »

w3nrl that is not true , you would not send me a refund until I sent the amp back I had to pay for it before I got it, if you would have done that I would have gladly sent it back! any way that happened in 2013 to me that's spilt milk. its over !
w3nrl

Re: W3NRL tired of the bad mouths

Post by w3nrl »

First off let's get this seht right ask those whom i refunded thier money and have them keep the product there has been to my count today 24 refunds and keep the product so for those gents fess up and stop this buyer/seller beware crapt
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick