Bird line section connector alternative:

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8ERM

Bird line section connector alternative:

Post by N8ERM »

I was working on some Bird Line sections for 222, 902/3 and 1296 this evening. I found out I was one fitting for the line section short. A quick look at a PL-259 solved the problem. Shorten the pin until the PL-259 screws on the line section, solder the PL-259 to your RG-58 cable including the braid, put on spade lugs and solder. You are good to go. I use a lot of these and I will never buy another one of the special $19 dollar connectors again. Hope this helps someone.