W4LJI Use Extreme Caution. Would not do business with

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K0RPL

W4LJI Use Extreme Caution. Would not do business with

Post by K0RPL »

Called James in regards to his DG-5 Kenwood Display that he had. He also listed 4 6146B tubes with the display for 120.00 I really did not need the tubes however I would of taken them. I asked him three questions.

1: Is the Display in good condition His answer He was in Excellent Shape
2: What condition are the tubes in? His answer Great
3: Have the tubes ever been used. His answer. This is bullshit. Forget in and Hangs up on me.

On another call he tells me that he hung up on me because he doesn't like people asking him questions about the things that he sells MAJOR RED FLAG!!!

I don't think he needs any of our Business up here on QTH.COM

Sincerely,
Justin N9ZDA
kendoman

pot calling kettle black

Post by kendoman »

KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The link above was broken. I've fixed it.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

After reading the N9ZDA eBay feedback, I hope that W4LJI has caller ID. It would seem that there might be enough folks that would pay for the phone number for n9zda that he can retire comfortably and keep the digital display!

Isn't there something about pots and kettles written somewhere??
K0RPL

Post by K0RPL »

The Ebay feedback is due to someone else using the account, as well as my paypal account. I have official documents from both entities stating that and will display them to anybody if they would like to see them.

Justin
KE3GK

Changed callsign ...

Post by KE3GK »

One can see why he changed his callsign ... You mean it only take 26% or 33 negative feedbacks to get booted from ebay ? imagine that ...
KE3GK

Using your account ?

Post by KE3GK »

K0RPL wrote:The Ebay feedback is due to someone else using the account, as well as my paypal account. I have official documents from both entities stating that and will display them to anybody if they would like to see them.

Justin
You mean that from July 1999 - September 2003 - someone else used your account and ripped people off - WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE ?

Seems a bit lax to let this happen for so long.

I would like to see your documents - posted here.
KE3GK

Oh well ...

Post by KE3GK »

I guess that settles that ... :lol:
W0AKG

Kenwood TS-570D

Post by W0AKG »

Listing Number: 450690
Date Ad was Placed: 01/19/05
Name: james caudle
Phone Number: 828-667-9717
Callsign: W4LJI
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: kenwood 570d
Ad Message:
i have a kenwood 570d for sale,it does not have panel lights everything else works fine it comes with a hand mike,manual,original box no scratches or dings on the radio no power supply 400.00 20 for shipping tnx w4lji

I Called James and he said everything but the lights Worked. Upon receipt, the menu would not bring up the lights. No transmit or Receive. Sent it hamrepair.com and Cal said that James evidently tried to do a mod and cut a reisistor in half, thinking it was a Diode and scratched the printed circuit. Board. Total cost was $75.46 and I asked James to pay half, he said No Way.
BEWARE!!!!!!! :cry:
Last edited by W0AKG on Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: W4LJI

Post by KA9FOX »

W0AKG wrote:I Called James and he said everything but the lights Worked. Upon receipt, the menu would not bring up the lights. Sent it hamrepair.com and Cal said that James evidently tried to do a mod and cut a reisistor in half, thinking it was a Diode and scratched the printed circuit. Board. Total cost was $75.46 and I asked James to pay half, he said No Way.
BEWARE!!!!!!! :cry:
Huh? He said everything but the lights worked. You got it and the lights didn't work, just as he said, correct?

In the end you got a TS570D for $400 + $75.46. Sounds like you did pretty good?

I may be missing something.

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
K4ICL

Contact info for Jim, W4LJI

Post by K4ICL »

W4LJI (General Class License)
CAUDLE, JAMES E
50 RANGEVIEW ACRES
CANDLER, NC 28715

Phone number (828) 667-9717 listed to
James E Caudle, Enka Lake Rd, Candler, NC 28715
Confirmed to be W4LJI (Previous KA4VBM)
k8pcu

Ref: W0AKG / KA9FOX Reply.

Post by k8pcu »

Scott, I think you did miss something in as much as your reference to his comments, which omitted the words " No transmit or Receive." as can be seen in the following,

" Called James and he said everything but the lights Worked. Upon receipt, the menu would not bring up the lights. No transmit or Receive. Sent it hamrepair.com and Cal said that James evidently tried to do a mod and cut a reisistor in half, thinking it was a Diode and scratched the printed circuit. Board. Total cost was $75.46 and I asked James to pay half, he said No Way.
BEWARE!!!!!!! "

Thanks for QTH, it is a great site.

Jim
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I didn't miss anything. W0AKG edited his posting to add "No Transmit or Receive". Check my original QUOTE of the message above, you will see that those words did not exist.

Certainly knowing that the rig didn't xmit or receive is important information.

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

I feel SO SORRY for poor Justin.....my heart bleeds buttermilk. How long before he rips off some poor sucker at batlabs.....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: