Warning: Watch out for N6KP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc8vmv

Warning: Watch out for N6KP

Post by kc8vmv »

WARNING: Watch out for N6KP. He sent me an e-mail and said I could purchase the kenwood MC-60 mic. Two minutes later via e-mail, he said it was sold. Not very trustworthy.
________
Weed
Last edited by kc8vmv on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radio_God

Re: Warning: Watch out for N6KP

Post by Radio_God »

kc8vmv wrote:WARNING: Watch out for N6KP. He sent me an e-mail and said I could purchase the kenwood MC-60 mic. Two minutes later via e-mail, he said it was sold. Not very trustworthy.
Now, when you sent him an email did you say you wanted to buy the mic or did you just ask if "it was still available" or "I'm interested"?

Many buyers waste sellers time by sending "fishing" emails like "I'm interested" or "is it still for sale" which means nothing and should be ignored. Even if the seller responds YES it doesn't mean your first in line, the first one that says "I want it" gets it!
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

It's also possible that he told you that then saw an earlier email that said they would buy it...first come,first served.

I would like to see the sellers input on this.........
N4XTS

Post by N4XTS »

So what is there to watch out for? Your post is unseemly- you act as if you already made payment arrangements or sent Paypal, money order, etc.

Fact of life is these forums, Ebay, yard sales, the car lot, etc. are all first come first served. I have sold many radios on Ebay, here, QRZ and Batlabs and the general rule is the first one to show the money gets the prize. I don't "hold it till you get paid, your social security check comes, etc".

Maybe someone else had committed and came through with payment, he told you within 2 MINUTES, would you have been happier if he had waited until you sent payment? I don't see that N6KP did anything wrong, nor did anything that I wouldn't do. Maybe he could have let you know that other offers were on the table, and the first to make payment arrangements/commitments gets it- that is what I usually disclaim when others have expressed interest. Then again there are alot of "tire kickers" out there as well.

There will be other MC-60's out there.
Amateur radio gets right through.
w8jn

you should thank him

Post by w8jn »

n6kp instantly emailed you back and indicated that it was not available, as YOU stated. I think that is mighty courteous of him to notify you right away. you have him made out to be the next coming of bernard madoff! you need to do 2 things, apologize to him and delete this ridiculous complaint you have posted! boo hoo hoo, wah wah wah, go kick some tires.
best 73 paul w8jn
n6kp

Response to KC8VMV

Post by n6kp »

I am not sure what his problem is or was. I received over 30 emails on the Kenwood MC-60. Many including KC8VMV said "Is it still available?"

My response to his first message was yes. A few minutes later, my wife brought the mail and a check for the MC-60 from another ham. I thought the courteous thing to do was let KC8VMV know that the microphone was sold.

Sorry, if I confused him. This is my first time using this board and I certainly don't know all the protocall but I am willing to learn.
73, Ted, N6KP
wx1f

Re: Response to KC8VMV

Post by wx1f »

n6kp wrote:I am not sure what his problem is or was. I received over 30 emails on the Kenwood MC-60. Many including KC8VMV said "Is it still available?"

My response to his first message was yes. A few minutes later, my wife brought the mail and a check for the MC-60 from another ham. I thought the courteous thing to do was let KC8VMV know that the microphone was sold.

Sorry, if I confused him. This is my first time using this board and I certainly don't know all the protocall but I am willing to learn.
Next time you're expecting a check...how about telling everyone who asks you if your item is still for sale. Personally, I don't think "the check arrived within 2 min". I'm more inclined to think you got a better offer and have been shamed into a public excuse.
N8ERM

N6KP

Post by N8ERM »

I think Ted N6KP should be commended for his handling of the situation. I would rather the seller would keep the perspective customers that expressed interest notified when the gear is sold. The other side of this is if the buyer changes his mind he should notify the seller immediately if he has changed his mind.. Paul you are right on..
Remember to play nice, it is just a hobby.
Terry N8ERM
K9XR

I WORRY ABOUT N6KP AS WELL SOMETHING AINT RIGHT!

Post by K9XR »

n6kp wrote:I am not sure what his problem is or was. I received over 30 emails on the Kenwood MC-60. Many including KC8VMV said "Is it still available?"

I guess Ted must have confused me too. He had a listing for a Yaesu FT-840 here on QTH Thursday.

On Thursday at 3:48 PM.I told Ted that if it was still available I would take it. I did not say "maybe I'll take it.

On Friday at 12:10 P.M. he finally answered and said it was still available.

On Friday at 12:36 P.M. I answered and told him I would send the check SAT. morning.

Well, I did mail the check on Saturday.

Well, Saturday Night Ted again listed the FT-840 on QTH.

I emailed him and told him that I had already mailed the check.

I told him if for some reason he didn't want to sell it to me I would like for him to let me know when it came and he could destroy the check. I still haven't heard a word from TED.

Well, that's my story on this subject and I have the emails to prove it
AF6NT

A few words about Ted N6KP

Post by AF6NT »

I had the pleasure of meeting and completing a transaction with Ted N6KP recently. He is not local to me as it was a 5 hr round trip drive. He struck me as an honest, and trustworthy individual (my opinion).Ted is just doing a favor for the widow of a local ham by liquidating her late husbands equipment for her. He is not trying to squeeze every penny out of these sales which is reflected in his very fair pricing. What he was not expecting was the massive response to his ads. He was a bit overwhelmed and not versed in what may be perceived as the proper way to handle and prioritize "who has first dibs on an item", and communication with buyers. Give the guy a break. I am sure everyone will get their equipment that was paid for. I imagine there will be a few disappointed individuals, but hey its a hobby, get over it. Enough said.

Craig
AF6NT