ict mein Fuhrer? KC8HXO

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ab7jk

ict mein Fuhrer? KC8HXO

Post by ab7jk »

I bought some equipment from kc8hxo that turned out to have intermittent problems. I wrote him a non - accusing email and asked him to tell me truthfully if he knew about the problems. He writes back with a confusing denial then ends the email by quoting Adolf Hitler.

Heck I was just going to drop the whole thing if he could give me some information about the problem and maybe apologize, but at least tell the truth.

After that the more I thought about it the more I believe I should post this. Either he's deranged or he just wanted me to think he's deranged. Either way he's deranged.

AB7JK :roll: :roll:
Greg KC8HXO

My side of the story......

Post by Greg KC8HXO »

You bet, I sold Kim a 30 year old Ten Tec rig, an old Triton. Following are FACTS as I remember, and can verify via his posts to the Yahoo group, as well as personal emails:
(Kim is a member of the yahoo Ten Tec group). He emailed me upon receipt of the rig and was VERY pleased with it. Then he emailed me, and told me he was having trouble with it generating a carrier with the PSK interface he wired for it, when it had no audio going to it. I gave him a few tips to try.... PLEASE NOTE that the rig was not acting "funny" because of anything but the bad microphone plug, he finds out. THEN, after running PSK (a 100% duty cycle mode where he says he is getting 45 Watts out!!) he starts having "issues" with the power varying. Note there is NO fan on these old rigs... not meant for 100% duty, I bet! Any way, if you are interested, I will be HAPPY to forward anyone the emails concerning the "intermittent" problems. I had none with it.

As to the signature on my emails, I change it fairly often. The quote from Hitler I had stumbled on was "The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force." ........seems eerily relevant to me and a lot of other conservative minded folks with what happens in Washington, and is lauded by the mainstream media every day.

Any way, I stumbled on this negative post by Kim, and wanted to give the other side of the story.

PS- He also posted a negative post about me on the Yahoo group, but the moderator saw fit to remove it with no prompting from me. 'Nuff said.

Regards-
Greg Schippers, KC8HXO