Help Wanted getting refund from KA2ZNI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
3d2a

Help Wanted getting refund from KA2ZNI

Post by 3d2a »

Kevin J Darrah advertised an IC-756PRO3 & PSU for $2000. I paid him $2060 by Paypal to deliver to NY. For months I exchanged a number of emails with him; raised a refund process with Paypal who were unsuccessful in getting it for me; then asked my US based lawyer to make a friendly call to him...and he got an earful (recorded) of abuse!...

For over 18-months I tried to get my money back...and many times he promised to refund it... but, it is now almost 2-years since I sent him the money and I now doubt that he will EVER refund my money unless I can get a campaign going of honest hams who will contact him and ask WHY he has done this to me?

Is there any ham out there who might be willing to help me either organize a campaign against him or otherwise offer help?

By the way, I have since been in touch with many other unsuspecting hams who have had a similar experience with him. This man needs to be STOPPED from giving honest hams a bad name!

Yes...he HAS done a few 'honest' deals...and these hams have only good things to say about Kevin...justifiably...
...but there are even more that have nothing but sad stories to relate having had a lot of money stolen by him!!

Eddie DeYoung VK4AN
46 Bangalow St
Russell Island QLD 4184
Australia
shaggy_24740

Re: Help Wanted getting refund from KA2ZNI

Post by shaggy_24740 »

3d2a wrote:Kevin J Darrah advertised an IC-756PRO3 & PSU for $2000. I paid him $2060 by Paypal to deliver to NY. For months I exchanged a number of emails with him; raised a refund process with Paypal who were unsuccessful in getting it for me; then asked my US based lawyer to make a friendly call to him...and he got an earful (recorded) of abuse!...

For over 18-months I tried to get my money back...and many times he promised to refund it... but, it is now almost 2-years since I sent him the money and I now doubt that he will EVER refund my money unless I can get a campaign going of honest hams who will contact him and ask WHY he has done this to me?

Is there any ham out there who might be willing to help me either organize a campaign against him or otherwise offer help?

By the way, I have since been in touch with many other unsuspecting hams who have had a similar experience with him. This man needs to be STOPPED from giving honest hams a bad name!

Yes...he HAS done a few 'honest' deals...and these hams have only good things to say about Kevin...justifiably...
...but there are even more that have nothing but sad stories to relate having had a lot of money stolen by him!!

Eddie DeYoung VK4AN
46 Bangalow St
Russell Island QLD 4184
Australia
I sold a radio to mouse_2033 in Indonesia and he paid me and I sent it to him with a tracking number,, He must have tracked it and when it left New York,,(path of no return) He called an told Pay Direct that someone stole his credit card and bought something on it, So pAy Direct called me and said they had to return his money . Although it went to the confirmed address I lost both the money and the Radio.
I wish there was something we could do to the In Between payers instead of the thieves. Because it was a confirmed address that the radio actually went to and the card was the same address.
I had a problem here lately I sold a radio and said it wasn't guaranteed and it had just got back from Yaesu,, All was true and I also said I Would not take this radio back.
The guy said the radio didn't key up out of the box, So PAy PAl made me return the mans money. I could have done the same thing the guy done to you in your post above, But I went along with Pay Pal,, after receiving the radio , I turned it on and all it had was a blank lit up screen, I accused the guy of smoking my radio,, Well before I got ready to throw it in the dumpster, i gave it a benefit of a doubt, and plugged it into the power supply and still a blank screen, so without turning off the power I puled on the plug to unplug it and the darn thing came on and was receiving, So i took the plug out and squeezed the plug together and the radio worked like new..
I talked on it about a week and it quit again, so I took off the lid and found a loose jumper on it and soldered it and to this day the radio works like new,.
I don't know why Yaesu didn't catch that , but any way they coasted me over 300 dollars, plus the money I lost in the auction and the transfer money and the EBAY money.
So I called my credit card companies after Pay pal released my accounts, and counseled them and took my Pay Pal account out of my sites and deleted and resigned from Pay Pal and Refused to pay EBAY, because they had already double dipped my money by charging me through Pay pal and ebay,. So to make darn sure they didn't get paid I canceled out all my cards and took my Bank accounts off of the web and told them where to go after I got in touch with them through their elabrous number jumping on my telephone for about an hour, and finally got in touch with a real human being instead of a recording,, That in itself was a task, and when I did get in touch with PAy Pal Humans,, they was as smart elic as I was. So I told them what to do and I meant it and then I told them where to go.. And I politely hung up..
Sir IMHO you will never get your Money back unless the Man uploads it in the very account transaction he got it from. He might be as we type doing it to someone else right now. Good Luck. :arrow:
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
K2DC

Post by K2DC »

Kevin J Darrah
40 High Point Rd
Knox, PA 16232

His listing has been dropped from QRZ.com, so either they've had complaints about him and dropped him, or he doesn't want to be so easily found and asked for it to be dropped. I found him in the US FCC Callsign Database.

You might have your US lawyer file a fraud complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office. The nearest regional office to Knox, PA is in Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh Regional Office:
Office of Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
564 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 565-5135

I wouldn't waste any time. The statute of limitations may only be three years, after which you may have no recourse.

GL & 73,

Don, K2DC

Post by ka2zni »

K2DC wrote:Kevin J Darrah
40 High Point Rd
Knox, PA 16232

His listing has been dropped from QRZ.com, so either they've had complaints about him and dropped him, or he doesn't want to be so easily found and asked for it to be dropped. I found him in the US FCC Callsign Database.

You might have your US lawyer file a fraud complaint with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Office. The nearest regional office to Knox, PA is in Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh Regional Office:
Office of Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
564 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: (412) 565-5135

I wouldn't waste any time. The statute of limitations may only be three years, after which you may have no recourse.

GL & 73,

Don, K2DC

Don,

Unfortunately you do not know the whole circumstances, not at all. I had myself pulled from QRZ because of crap like this, and now i do everything through E-Bay... Pay-pal has refunded his money, they will not refund twice for crying out loud, I have the documentation from pay-pal with the transaction code... Pay-pal lost his money, it was re-issued and I have washed my hands of Mr. Eddie Hascal here... If you or anyone else would like a copy of the pay-pal transaction I would be more than happy to provide!

He has went from having his Lawyer buddy in California call me, to emails, to saying that he lost my information, etc.... There's 2 sides too every conversation and this is over as of NOW!

Anymore questions can be made directly to me through my email address which is not hard to find.

73's,
Kevin