W8FIR GUS Nianouris in ohio !! Buyer beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kk4aq

W8FIR GUS Nianouris in ohio !! Buyer beware

Post by kk4aq »

It had to happen sooner than later. i purchased a oscope off this guy and paypaled him instantly .to make a long story short, he just put 1 peice of bubble wrap around it and threw it into a 1/8 inch single wall H.P. Printer box from china and shipped it. it arrived with one of the main controls crushed in. no power cord and by the looks of it i think it had seen its better days. i emaild him the condition of it and he told me to file a claim with fed-ex for it and i emailed him back and told him that he had to file the claim because he was the shipper and not me.and the shipper would be paid for the claim.the next morning fed-ex woke me up and said they had a pick up order which was # 9973286 00051138. for the scope. so i went to my shop and put it backin the box and gave it to the driver. i email him and asked for a full refund because he was going to be paid for it and not me. a day later he emailed me the offer to give me $50.00 back. i called fed-ex and i was informed he was getting more than the $65.00 i paid him.and the scope back.i asked him to do the honorable thing and pay me because i didnt get what i payed for.i filed a complaint with pay-pal and he declined to pay me . i know at some time you will read this gus and i come from old school. a mans word is his bond.your word is no good so there fore you are no good. just remember 1 thing you came into this world naked and you will leave the same way.you cant take it with you old boy and you will answer for what you do !
here is the add i answered :
his known email :
nianouris@sbcglobal.net gus45342@yahoo.com
Listing Number: 720821
Date Ad was Placed: 02/13/09
Name: Gus Nianouris
Phone Number: 937 866 1865
Callsign: W8FIR
Category: TEST
Heading: For Sale Precision Scope 40 Mcs dual tr
Ad Message:
Not a collectors item but a good working scope. 40 mcs dual trace. Look at the
picture, it's not too bad. Model 1541, no manual, can get one on Bama. Very
reasonable priced at 50.00 plus shipping.

if any one is interested in seeing the email corispondance i had with this guy just email and id be more than happy to share with you.
Last edited by kk4aq on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
W4KTL

Post by W4KTL »

Just a caution, you might want to check with Fedx and see what they are going to do with the scope. My son-in-law had a large flat screen TV packed by a supposedly "professional" packing company and shipped home from Camp Lejenue (USMC) via Fedx. The TV was damaged in shipping, Fedx picked it up to evaluate, refused the claim and instead of shipping it back to him, shipped it to the packing company. Now he's having trouble even getting his TV back. Fedx told him it was their policy to ship back to the original shipper. Would hate to see you lose your money and the scope too.
kk4aq

Post by kk4aq »

I have already contacted fed-ex and the scope is on its way back to him and so is a check for more than the original selling price and shipping combined. so in other words he has the scope ,he made money off me, he made money off fed-ex. all packages are covered at least $ 100.00 at no charge. so i have nothing and he has it all and then some. its not about the money to me its the princeable. this guy is dishonest and i dont think he belongs in our ham community.

Dear Ralph Wallace,

Your seller has chosen to escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim. By
ending communication with you and escalating to a claim, the seller is
asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of
our investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had in
the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Seller's name: Gus Nianouris
Seller's email: gus45342@yahoo.com
Seller's transaction ID: 20M41025EC663814G

Transaction date: Feb 27, 2009
Transaction amount: -$65.00 USD
Your transaction ID: 1N661235U3197253M
Case number: PP-652-980-191
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I hope you fund PayPal through your credit card. You have a prime case for a "billing error" notice.

I had one complaint with PayPal. The dorks expected me to spend $6.95 to get $7.50 back. I filed a "billing error" notice with my credit card and got the whole amount, including shipping to me, reversed.

N9LCD
kk4aq

Post by kk4aq »

N9LCD. my paypal is hooked directly to my checking account. pay pal is going to do nothing about it.like i said its not about the money any more its the principal. old gus i wouldnt trust again in the out house with a muzzle on if you know what i mean !
kk4aq

UPDATE

Post by kk4aq »

Received full refund from Gus today. So all is straightened out now. Ralph/kk4aq