KE5YPB Very poor dealings

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W1JCW

KE5YPB Very poor dealings

Post by W1JCW »

I have the post below.

This op Sarge KE5YPB responses to the ad with a few questions and states he will take it and how do I want to be paid. I turned away 3 other buyers because he was in line first then the guy figures out its not 70cm !! WTH !!

He backs out the deal and now the other guys have moved on.

Come on now, it clearly states VHF 2m and the guy sees this after two weeks
of back and forth emails about when he is going to PAY and how..

Dont waste your time with this guy, he does not know what he wants or what he is replying about..

Original Message -----

To: 'N1QXV'

Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2009 1:28 PM

Subject: RE: Kenwood VB2530

I am sorry for the delay, I am very sick the flu. How do you you to be paid/

Listing Number: 706848
> Date Ad was Placed: 12/11/08
> Name: John
> Phone Number: 972.345.4368
> Callsign: W1JCW
> Category: AMPVHF
> Heading: FS: Kenwood VB2530
> Ad Message:
> Have a very nice 2m linear amplifier, 2.5w in 35w out with HT BNC adapter and power cable. Asking $60 plus shipping OBO.
73 -

W1JCW
John
KC8VWM

Re: KE5YPB Very poor dealings

Post by KC8VWM »

Replying to someone and asking them something like "how would you like to be paid?"

...is NOT the same thing as saying - "Yes, sir I will definetly be buying your item."

Personally, if I don't recieve some sort of confirmation of payment made, then a deal hasn't been struck with anyone.

Then it's only reasonable to assume , generally and universally understood that the item remains for sale.

That means, if another buyer comes along and does happen to confirm payment in the meantime. ...Guess who's going to get that item?

The guy who has been sick with the flu? ... or is it going to be the guy who sends me a tracking number of a registered letter containing a money order inside?

Why you decided to wait around for a single perspective buyer instead to purchase the item without any sort of confirmation of payment made instead of selling it on a "first come - first served" basis to other prospective buyers is beyond my understanding.

This post / complaint you are making is not representative of a "poor dealing" because you basically had no deal, to begin with, (you had questions and inquiries mabey) so how can you possibly justify a complaint indicating you had "poor dealings?"

What this actually boils down to, is a clear misunderstanding of how things are bought and sold combined with very poor communication at best.

How can anyone consider a deal is made before any actual payment is sent is perplexing to the average mind.

Until that material fact occurs, all the rest of "all and any" communication occuring up until that point in time are just people making various inquiries and asking questions.

If no money ever changed hands - no deal was ever made. Simple.

73 de Charles - KC8VWM
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

It doesnt matter how you slice it. You certainly represented yourself as the buyer and were TAKING IT.

Most folks don't need specifics when purchasing or selling an item. I go by first
come first serve. I don't sell an item out from under someone because they are slow on an email reply. If the item was what you needed and I sold it out from under you it would have been a different story. To add you would have been peeved.

It sure was a case of mis-communications on your end and inconsiderate too.

What is reasonable is that you make good when you indicate you want an item. I don't need to have it carved in stone and most others don't either. You did not read the ad and backed out after you opened your eyes and read the ad.

Its a " poor dealings" complaint because of how you handled it, not to mention
wasting my time after you finally noticed the item was not what you wanted.

How I consider a deal is made before any actual payment is sent is not perplexing to the average mind, to you possibly. When I indicate payment form that means I am sending funds and the item is sold.

Next time read the ad and dont waste folks time rambling on trying to justify
your reaction to someone taking issue to your inconsideration.
73 -

W1JCW
John