N8ZVD / W8ROX ... Don't Trust Him!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K1MA

N8ZVD / W8ROX ... Don't Trust Him!

Post by K1MA »

I sold two Alpha 76 three hole amps and an extra set of NOS tubes to "Rocky" , N8ZVD. He paid me for the package, and I said I would trust him for the shipping in order to charge only the actual rate, which came to $238.13. I shipped everything October 21 and emailed him the shipping amount. After a month with no payment, I called him to ask when I might be paid. He said he had just mailed the check, and was very happy with the amps and tubes, that all was as represented. Another month went by with no payment or communication, so I called again, and this time he said he had forgotten, but would mail a check immediately. I waited two weeks and began calling again, many times, but he will no longer answer, presumably because he sees my number on caller ID.
Now he has both amps for sale on this classified ad forum. Don't make the same mistake I did and trust this guy at all.
George, K1MA 603-205-2256
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi George. I see that N8ZVD has changed his callsign to W8ROX.

Assuming you still haven't been paid for the shipping, I am going to block W8ROX from using our site.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Rockyh

Re: N8ZVD / W8ROX ... Don't Trust Him!

Post by Rockyh »

I have been back in the country for 5 months just found this post. The issue with respect is as follows. I sold the spare tubes to an amateur radio operater. And found one of the tubes was doa.
My issues was incomplete non working tube.
Thus shipping was an offset to money's.
Sorry you feel that way. What can i do to make it right. Please no mean response is nessary.
I have had it concerning rude people. The last 7 years being a security contractor in Afghanistan has left me no more room for conflicts
Thank you Rocky
former u.s.a.r.
jjw7bo

Re: N8ZVD / W8ROX ... Don't Trust Him!

Post by jjw7bo »

i SHOULD HAVE FOUND THIS AS HE SENT ME A AMPLIFIER I paid foor aND IT HASNT ARRIVED. Did not send me a tracking and his phone # is 713-446-2165

John