KD4HLL Shannon Case

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
qwasty

KD4HLL Shannon Case

Post by qwasty »

KD4HLL Shannon Case:

I bought some radio gear from Shannon, and I'm sad to say I was victimized. He did not send me the items he promised, and what he did send was either damaged or broken.

If anyone else has a similar problem with fraud in dealing with this person, I recommend contacting the Loganville City police department:

http://cityofloganville.radius3.com/ind ... &pr=Police

And the Walton County sheriff's office:

http://www.waltoncountyga.org/Sheriff/sheriff.htm

You can also file a small claims court action in your local jurisdiction.

I hope this info helps others from being victimized.
N4XTS

Post by N4XTS »

Shannon has been around for years and lives about 30 miles from me. PM me with the details of your deal and I'll be glad to mention them to the folks over at the Alford Memorial Radio Club, where he has been a long time member. He is regularly on the Stone Mountain (146.76) repeater.
Amateur radio gets right through.
qwasty

Post by qwasty »

Thanks for your concern. A message has been sent to you.
kb0xa

I just got screwed by Shannon too! Mint FT-817ND is BROKEN!

Post by kb0xa »

I bought an FT-817ND from Shannon that he claimed was working 100% and that everything was in the original box that came with the rig.
It came in the original box with no manual and 20 meters through 30 meg is totally dead! Not even any volume on those bands just a little hiss!
He won't answer my e-mails!
Guess I'll contact the local police and sheriff tomorrow!
I'm going to Greenville, S.C. in 2 weeks, so maybe I'll take a day and go to Loganville and file a criminal complaint against him for theft and fraud.
Don

PMS, Does anybody in that area know anything about Omar who used to have Omar Electronics?
I used to spend lots of time with him at Hamfests all over the southeast and wondered if he's still around.
kk4aq

omar

Post by kk4aq »

last time i spoke to him was several years ago and he told me he was giveing up the hamfest circuit. hes a good guy and i always had much respect for him.
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

N4XTS wrote:Shannon has been around for years and lives about 30 miles from me. PM me with the details of your deal and I'll be glad to mention them to the folks over at the Alford Memorial Radio Club, where he has been a long time member. He is regularly on the Stone Mountain (146.76) repeater.
It sure is nice when there are folks who are local and willing to help others out with dirt bag traders such as this guy Shannon KD4HLL.
qwasty

Post by qwasty »

I never got anywhere with this, even though a few people did their best to help. I just accepted the loss. It wasn't worth the threats and harassment I got over it. Shannon has friends, so don't ruin your life over the equivalent of a few weeks wages. Just let him have the money and avoid trouble like this in the future.
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

I certainly wouldn't take that crap laying down.

I would contact the local authorities and pursue it.

My 2 cents.
73 -

W1JCW
John
qwasty

Post by qwasty »

The authorities are a whole new can of worms.