NR1SS - Follow up

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
nyartist

NR1SS - Follow up

Post by nyartist »

I'm writing to follow up on the transaction I had with NR1SS@NEWPONY.COM. I sent the radio for repairs as I mentioned and was really pleased with the work of Groton Electronics in Mass. The $241.60 I spent to repair the radio on top of the $300 it cost hurt, but taught me some lessons.

I went back to look at the original ad, which reads like this:

RADIOHF - FS: Kenwood TS-130V PS-20 QRP Pkg
The QRP version of the TS-130 (w/ WARC). Includes SSB and CW filters, hand mic, DC power cord and PS-20 AC power supply. The case is rough (has scratches and was like that when I got it) but inside the rig is a 9+. Works well -- good sig reports. Would like $325 plus shipping and insurance from 76108 (no trades, please). Display is 100% however, does not come across clear in the photo. email for photo.

The thing that bugged me when looking over this ad again is where it says "but inside the rig is a 9+". According to Groton Electronics it was anything but a 9+. That's the last thing I'm going to write about this. I also want to stress that the great majority of dealings I've had with hams have been just great.