Look out for Estrella Deherre SCAMMER!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE3MPH

Look out for Estrella Deherre SCAMMER!

Post by VE3MPH »

]Hi all.PLEASE READ THIS GOOD..I got a email today from a guy by the name of Estrella Deherrera. He does not have a ham call and this is what he said...Hello how are you doing to day?i saw ur item on CLASSIFIED,so i want to buy it, so all i want from you is honest,i need to sak some little question abt this item from you.
1.what is condition of the item 2.Did u accept cashier check or Certified check? 3. Can u wire the rest funds on check to my shipping company atfer you deduct your item money? 4.Can u wire the excess fund on the payment you will be receving through western union? 5.Can u send me ur full name and address with phone number for the payment? 6.the fanal price of the item and email me to ESTRELLA.DEHERRERA at GMAIL.COM. So wht is there is that dont worry ur self abt shipping of this item because i have my own shipping company that will come for the item pick from u when the check clears so like i said in the early that all i need from u is honest.so when u get the check just deduct ur money and wire the rest funds to my shipping company for the item pick up fee, so hope to hear from asap.....ok
SO GET BACK TO ME WITH FULL NAME AND ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER SO I CAN SEND THE PAYMENT TO YOU.
SO PLZ EMAIL ME BACK TO MY BOX....... ESTRELLA.DEHERRERA@GMAIL.COM
W9DMW-2

SCAMMER EMAILS

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:evil:
I too have received (2) two emails from the same person trying to scam me, NOT HAPPENING !!!!!! Beware of this person.
KB3MOW

Post by KB3MOW »

This is really nothing new, and the name will change frequently! There are pretty good clues to look for:

1. The email doesn't mention the item you listed specifically. Usually referred to as "the item you have for sale".

2. English is obviously not the sender's primary language (taken in context with the first clue).

3. Sender wants you to accept a cashier's check or other "safe" method and refund part back to them.

4. Their "shipping company" will pick the item up.

The way it works is, they send you a check for $3500 for a $99 sale. You deposit the check and (usually) Western Union the balance to a person they specify. A few days later, the check you deposited bounces, and you're out the item PLUS the money you wired.

It amazes me that they keep trying this scam. Hope nobody falls for it.

Dave
KB3MOW
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Read the thread "Scammer Alert" below.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
localjunkpeddler

Scammer ++++++

Post by localjunkpeddler »

I too was the recipiant of the same response for one of my listed items. I immediately recognized the scam and promptly reported it to Scott. I'm very surprised to see so many other attempts with this same old tired scam.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

KB3MOW wrote:
It amazes me that they keep trying this scam. Hope nobody falls for it.

You be surprised by the number of people that still do. But if they are stupid enough to fall for it, serves them right!

I responded to one just for a joke and next thing I know they want to come visit me, arrange for VISA's for their family. Too funny.