Larry W8ER - watch out

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Kurt - K8YZK

Larry W8ER - watch out

Post by Kurt - K8YZK »

Larry has a Flex1000 for trade. I went to the website to get a look at the spec's and didn't see anything on the 1000. I wrote a message to him asking for the spec's and his response was if I couldn't find the spec's, and the radio wasn't for me, and he would not trade with me, because I would probably have trouble getting it going.
He doesn't know me from Adam. If he didn't want to trade with me because what I would offer is one thing, but his better-then-me attitude is just to much.
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

There is a Flex SDR-1000 on the website. I don't know you or FlexRadio's from Adam, but I found it in 2.3 seconds. Maybe you are a little quick to post negative commentary.... and maybe he should have put in the "sdr" part.... but most of all, maybe he is right. :twisted:

DSP and other software
functions controlled by
PowerSDR
IP3 @2 KHz spacing better
than +26 dB
Two Tone, Third Order
Dynamic Range >90 dB
MDS -130 dBm (pre=high)
Low Phase Noise, High
Frequency DDS Clock
160-6 meter all mode
transceiver
11 KHz to 65 MHz general
coverage receiver
Maximum Receive
Bandwidth 192 KHz
100 Watt PEP output on
160 to 10 meters (40 watts
continuous duty)
13.5 VDC@ 25A (max)
power consumption
Physical Dimensions:
10”W x 9.5”D x 4.5”H
24.1cm x 25.4cm x 11.4cm
Audio Interfaces:
I/Q Line Out, I/Q Line In &
Microphone In and Output
Control Interface: 25-pin
DB25 parallel interface
(IEEE-1284) (5v required)
Kurt - K8YZK

Post by Kurt - K8YZK »

WHATEVER..
N6DRF wrote:There is a Flex SDR-1000 on the website. I don't know you or FlexRadio's from Adam, but I found it in 2.3 seconds. Maybe you are a little quick to post negative commentary.... and maybe he should have put in the "sdr" part.... but most of all, maybe he is right. :twisted:

DSP and other software
functions controlled by
PowerSDR
IP3 @2 KHz spacing better
than +26 dB
Two Tone, Third Order
Dynamic Range >90 dB
MDS -130 dBm (pre=high)
Low Phase Noise, High
Frequency DDS Clock
160-6 meter all mode
transceiver
11 KHz to 65 MHz general
coverage receiver
Maximum Receive
Bandwidth 192 KHz
100 Watt PEP output on
160 to 10 meters (40 watts
continuous duty)
13.5 VDC@ 25A (max)
power consumption
Physical Dimensions:
10”W x 9.5”D x 4.5”H
24.1cm x 25.4cm x 11.4cm
Audio Interfaces:
I/Q Line Out, I/Q Line In &
Microphone In and Output
Control Interface: 25-pin
DB25 parallel interface
(IEEE-1284) (5v required)
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

and maybe if you, or your little friend Elwood Carson that emailed with hate had call signs, the rest of us would give a crap about helping you out. Both of you need to grow up... and go to Ebay. That's where adolescent's belong.

Elwood Carson Wrote:
If I were to sell on qth, I would list the item with a complete list of specifics pertaining to the piece of gear, I know that many Amateur Radio Operators are not as computer savvy as most HAMs, but for you and the other idiot to suggest that Kurt isn't smart enough to operate or own a SDR Flex-1000, is childish and condescending.

Being originally from Southern California, I understand your Superiority Complex, proof of that is in your vanity call sign N6DRF.....
I bet all your shirts are monogrammed also.

Now a**, go look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself just how great you are!

EC
And... BTW... My call is a vanity because I'm damn proud of being a ham and having learned it all by myself and didn't expect everyone else to tell me how to do it. Perhaps if you weren't such a bottom-feeder, you too could be proud of something. Now, go away.