N6AX a doublecrosser (Issue Resolved)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N7FE

N6AX a doublecrosser (Issue Resolved)

Post by N7FE »

Was notified I was first in line to buy a tuner and agreed to a final price today. Before I could make the payment I received an email that he had already sold it to another party.

TOTALLY WRONG and ........... :roll:

THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED (MORE THAN RESOLVED) PER MY COMMENT AT THE END OF THIS THREAD!!! TOO BAD IT HAD TO GO THIS ROUTE BUT IT IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE.
Last edited by N7FE on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ne6v

Your comment is completely wrong!

Post by ne6v »

Hello,
I know N6AX, on a personnsl level. I have conducted business with him more than once, I have been to Johns home. He is a "stand up" guy, and I feel your characterazation of him is completely out of line and incorrect. As I said I have meet him face to face and conducted business you are wrong about him. Anyway what tuner are you talking about the Ten Tec or Nye Viking?
de
ne6v
N7FE

Re: Your comment is completely wrong!

Post by N7FE »

ne6v wrote:Hello,
I know N6AX, on a personnsl level. I have conducted business with him more than once, I have been to Johns home. He is a "stand up" guy, and I feel your characterazation of him is completely out of line and incorrect. As I said I have meet him face to face and conducted business you are wrong about him. Anyway what tuner are you talking about the Ten Tec or Nye Viking?
de
ne6v
MY experience is I was given less than 24 hours to arrange for and deliver a money order to him for a tuner I was told was sold to me. I was then told it was sold to another party. That is pretty non 'stand up" to me.

This is not the whole chain, but gives the drift. Here you go

12/27/2008 10:11 AM
You were the first to respond...it is yours

Please send your ZIP code and I'll figure shipping

John
12/27/2008 12:25 PM
Shipping is $26.74 to your location.

We can round it down to $200.00 even.

Payment preferred by postal money order but Paypal is OK as long as you don't mind paying the 3% fee they charge me for their "service"

Please let me know ASAP please so I can call off the other fellows wanting it.

Thanks

John
12/27/2008 6:43 PM
will use paypal, is this your paypal address?

Steven
I was just getting ready to pay when I got a message asking to hold off payment because ".....some things have come up....... I sent another email asking for clarification, no response. I tried calling him, no answer.

12/27/2008 8:21 PM
Sorry to report that the tuner has been spoken for and pair for....

John
Yeah, I guess if you want to call this "stand up" behavior then I guess that is what he is. Sorry, this does not add up in my book though.

Heck, now that I REALLY looked at it it was less than TWELVE hours!
N7FE

Post by N7FE »

N6AX is in contact with me and we are attempting to work out a solution to this situation.
N7FE

Post by N7FE »

This issue has been resolved.
n6ax

Post by n6ax »

The portion of the correspondence (from the day of the interaction) which was not posted by Mr Feil, detailing the resolution of the problem, follows:

I agree with you completely, Steve....that is why I offered my apoligies...I
ought to have been more patient and was not...for that I am truly sorry.

I am expecting a Ten-Tec model 238 tuner on Tuesday. It is a roller inductor
tuner, it is in excellent condition and it was most highly rated in QSTs tests of
high power tuners done last year.

I paid $360.00 for it, including shipping to me.

If you are interested in it I will let you have it for what the Dentron would
have cost you (with Paypal fees and shipping that would be somewhere around
$210.00) ....I cannot make up for doing you wrong on the Dentron sale and for my impatience, but I am prepared to take a loss to try to make things a little more right.

John

Words cannot be taken back, any more than actions can, but the complete story would have been appropriate to tell.

John, N6AX
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Just a head's up . Many folks seem unawarePaypal does not allow sellers to solicit Paypal fees from the buyer.