KG4WHL -Use caution

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n4jjp

KG4WHL -Use caution

Post by n4jjp »

Based on an add on QTH I purchased a 2 meter moblie radio from someone who identified himself as Christopher Schroeder. The call sign he gave is "kg4whl". I recieved an e-mail on 08-29-2003 that he received payment . It di not ship until 09-08-2003. It took Mr. Schroeder two weeks to ship the radio 325 miles. I paid for shipping in addition to payment of the radio. The day I received the radio I did hook it up and it did work fine for the approximately 5 minutes that I had power to it. About two weeks later I hooked the radio back up and it started having trouble with the display being unreadable and transmitting intermittently. I contacted Mr. Schroeder by e-mail (kg4whlgen@bellsouth.net) to advise of the problems and request a refund. He replied by stating that I said the radio worked fine the day I received it and that I should not have waited two weeks to ask for a refund. He never denied that something was wrong with the radio. The last 3 e-mails I have sent have been ignored and now the e-mail address is no longer valid. The amount of money I lost is minmal, but that is not the point. I lost $70.00, but the next person may lose alot more if I do nothing. I have the e-mail attempts to contact Mr. Schroeder available for review upon request. I do not expect to get my money back and I would have been glad to make some sort of compromise (Example : 50% refund and return of radio) and thought nothing further of it. But the fact that he never denied anything being wrong with the radio compounded by the ignored e-mails throws up a huge red flag that I feel I needed to share. 73 Jeff N4JJP