STEVE @ STANTRONICS, B.S. ARTIST

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W9DMW-2

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Hello to all, I had the mis-fortune to purchase a 6Meter 4 element beam from Steve @ stantronics. All went smooth with the payment and all, Then I received the antenna, Seemed well built enough, But was missing the parts to assemble it, I emailed Steve, Waited forever for him to respond, And when he did, He came up with this lame excuse that he hired day laborers to fill his orders, True or not, The fact remained I was still missing most of the assemble hardware. He stated he would send out the hardware right away, I thought O.K, So I waited. Weeks passed, NO RESPONSE from him, Nothing ever sent on the missing parts, So I emailed him many more times, Finally I got a response from him. He stated that he got burned and just got back home, Well O.K., I fell for this one too. He stated he would send the missing hardware out, WELL you guessed it, It has been weeks later again, And still NO hardware from him, I called him, Left messages, NO REPLY'S OF ANY KIND.......
I do not know about the rest of you, But this is poor customer service, The worst I have ever had to deal with, I understand mistakes, I made plenty of them, But to buy a new in the box item, And get this type of customer "NOT" service, Is uncalled for from a selling dealer. I DO NOT recommend buying his antennas until his customer service skills improves or he shows better detail to handling his customers concerns and complaints...

Again Steve if you read this, Or if some one forwards this to you, You know that everything I have stated here is the TRUTH. Please feel free to respond back to me to rectify this situation. I will await your reply before I update this in the future. Don W9DMW

[Edited for profanity. ]
K2DC

Post by K2DC »

Don,

I wish you luck with this one. I looked over his web site and, customer service issues aside, BS artist is a gross understatement. He's advertizing a 3 element 6M beam at 10.645 dBd in both E and H planes. I would guess it might be 7 or so dBi, and I would like to know how he found that extra .005 dBd. In over 20 years as an RF/Microwave and Antenna Engineer, I've never seen a gain MEASUREMENT with an accuracy that I trusted of less than a few tenths of a dB. And gain is gain - it occurs in both E and H planes by definition.

Sorry you got burned, but he's already advertized his ignorance. He's not an antenna expert - he's a plumber.

GL & 73,

Don, K2DC

Post by N8TCZ »

I knew there had to be someone else beside me that had a problem with Steve. Likewise I was missing the antenna mount (and 2 bolts) from the antenna kit. I have sent numerous emails to him with no reply. The last thing he sent was a general email telling everyone that he had suffered from a burn and had to be in the hospital for a couple weeks and that all orders will be filled. My original order took several weeks to get. I bought it on Ebay and about a week after the auction was notified by Ebay that his account had been removed and I got a email from PayPal to file a claim which I did. Steve said his Ebay and PayPal account had been hacked. ?? I think Ebay has been around long enough to keep PayPal accounts protected. He used the PayPal shipping label that automatically puts a tracking number on USPO mailings. Steve said that the antenna had been returned for insufficient postage. The tracking number had never been activated. The Post Office was waiting for his mailing to start it, so that story was BS. I did get the antenna which surprised me. He also claims to assemble and check EVERY antenna. Again, BS. I had to file burrs off of the holes that had been drilled to fit the mast together. I've been reluctant to blow the whistle on Steve since he gives you such a sob story - excuse but there is a pattern to his song. I will post his misbehaving on other forums now.
WB4UNA

Post by WB4UNA »

I sent Steve a email on his antennas anever got a reply. I sent him another and told him I would like to go up and see his operation and still no reply. I guess that shoulf tell me and everyone else that you should not buy from him. I see also that he is back on E-Bay selling at a discount price.

buyer beware..

Randy WB4UNA
N8TCZ

Post by N8TCZ »

I see Steve's new Ebay ID is PetroneJW Family. His last name is Petrone and his amateur call is KI4KMN. He was formerly Stantronicsamateur on Ebay. Neverthe less he doen't reply to emails.
W9DMW-2

Just A Comment

Post by W9DMW-2 »

Needless to say, I think I have proven my point, Sorry to see others got the whammy from Steve also,. What ashame, I guess I will have to live with this pile of rubble. Steve if you read this, This is a really BAD start to a family run biz...... And to fellow brothers hams no less you do this to. I will not purchase another thing from you, And I am also going to post on other ham sites, So NO MORE of my fellow brother Hams get burn't by you. Enjoy your money, I fear not many people are going to buy from you. NUF SAID Don W9DMW
ne6v

I thought something was fishy about those antennas

Post by ne6v »

Well I'am very sorry for those who got burned by this guy. I have seen his ads several times and I always think when I see them, there's something wrong. Especially the low band multi band yagis so cheep. It just never made sense to me. Of course I was tempted, but that old saying would ring in my ears..." if its to good to be true then.." we all know the rest. Now lets get the word out about this TURKEY so no one else has to get burned by him :lol: :shock:

de
ne6v