Memphis Amateur

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wr0t

Memphis Amateur

Post by wr0t »

I just traded and bought several pieces of gear from Marshal. If he tells you that an item is a "cream puff" you can take it to the bank.

He may not always be the lowest price but he has the best customer service around. :D :D :D :D
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
w5zzq

Re: Memphis Amateur

Post by w5zzq »

wr0t wrote:I just traded and bought several pieces of gear from Marshal. If he tells you that an item is a "cream puff" you can take it to the bank.

He may not always be the lowest price but he has the best customer service around. :D :D :D :D

Have bought lots of equipment from Marshall and ALWAYS got a good deal. Very nice people to do business. Great!! :P :P :D
kg4yjr

Post by kg4yjr »

I have been reading good feedback about Memphis Amateur consistently on this site and throughout the web. I'm considering a trade-in and equipment purchase in the near future and would like to give them some business. What's their link or phone number? I did a web search and I believe I've found the right store but I'd like to make sure.

Dave - KG4YJR
wr0t

Memphis link

Post by wr0t »

Here is the link to Memphis Amateur

http://www.mem-amateur.com/pages/639973/index.htm
Proud to Fly the Flag Long Before Was Popular
N2JIE

2007 Memphis Amateur Electronics, Inc.--Prices TOO Low??

Post by N2JIE »

Greetings

I have been shopping for a new rig, after being off the air for about 14 years. Wow, I couldn't believe the changes!! Anyhow, I found a price on a Kenwood TS-570SG that is over $100 cheaper at Memphis Amateur Electronics, Inc., with free shipping, than at any other dealer I could find.

I telephoned them, but the store was closed, so I EMailed them. However, I am still quite curious. Has anyone here purchased from them recently? I see on their website that the store was sold somewhat recently (possibly to a non-ham [Oh, no!!])

If you have purchased from them recently, please answer the following for me if at all possibe:

1) Do they sell refurbished/open box rigs as new;

2) Do they ship with the factory items, e.g. mic and power cord;

3) What is their shipping time like and are they good about replacing
defective items--do they have quick turn-around times?

Thanks and 73s,

Tom
N2JIE
W9RGY

Post by W9RGY »

WR0T, I think the link you gave was to a different kind of amateur site. :shock: Not that there's anything wrong with that.
W5HAG

Memphis Amateur Electronics

Post by W5HAG »

I have not ordered any radios from them yet, but have gotten coax recenty and was pleased with the service. Both times I ordered on one day and it was at my door the next day at noon. I live in MS and they have UPS overnite service into MS. They do have used equipment for sale. Check out their web site for more info.
Hope this helps.
Hugh
W5HAG
W5DFD

Post by W5DFD »

W9RGY wrote:WR0T, I think the link you gave was to a different kind of amateur site. :shock: Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Here's the good link:
http://www.memphisamateur.com
vk2uw

re first link

Post by vk2uw »

re the first link, I think that W5HAG :oops: :shock:
without the "W" says it all.
and is a lot of wr0t
Chris Wright
VK2UW
w2rdt

Re: Memphis link