W4JPL Anyone know him?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ke4nu

W4JPL Anyone know him?

Post by ke4nu »

I recently bought a rig from John (W4JPL) in Liberty, NC. I sent him the money and it was promptly shipped and well packed. OK, it receives as it should but no SSB output and no transmit audio in AM mode. I sent several emails advising John of the problem but I've heard nothing from him. Its hard for me to believe he would sell it and package it so well knowing it didn't work. So, if anyone knows him, would you please tell him there is a serious problem with the radio and we need to come to some kind of settlement before I do give negative feedback, maybe his spam filter is deleting my emails all I know is I'm not getting any response from him...tnx es 73, Alan
ke4nu

Good News !

Post by ke4nu »

John contacted today and offered to send my money back. Can't get much better than that...73, Alan
W4AIN

Re: Good News !

Post by W4AIN »

ke4nu wrote:John contacted today and offered to send my money back. Can't get much better than that...73, Alan
Actually, I don't believe anyone could ask for better than that.....I assume that you are returning the rig, also, just to keep things above board and A-OK?
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
ke4nu

Never received refund

Post by ke4nu »

Still Waiting
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I'll bet it is the microphone...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
ke4nu

I'll take your bet!

Post by ke4nu »

Tried 2 mics which were wired properly and then injecting a tone at the correct spot per service manual result= no transmit audio....Also had a local tech look at it and came up with the same conclusion.
ke4nu

Happy Ending

Post by ke4nu »

I did receive a refund from John (w4JPL). I really believe he didn't know the radio didn't work. He kept his word and for this I would recommend doing business with him...73, Alan