KG4HOD, Eddie Leathers

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD8EEL

KG4HOD, Eddie Leathers

Post by KD8EEL »

I recently bought a Kenwood 261 from Eddie. He shipped very promptly, but when I got the radio, it was an Icom. I contacted him and he explained that FedEx had switched the shipping labels. He corrected the problem very quickly and I was very happy with the way it was handled. Long story short, I would gladly do business with Eddie again, as long as he can keep FedEx straight.
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

I also just completed a transaction with Eddie, and it must have been the time the original poster did a transaction because he called me mid-transaction and said he was scrambling to correct a mis-shipment with some radio transactions he had.
I mention this mostly to say that when he realized what had happened, it is clear to me that he was making EVERY effort to contact the people involved and let them know what was going on.
While these issues didn't involve me at all, I think it says a lot that once he realized what had happened, he took the initiative to contact everyone he had pending transactions with to insure eveything went smoothly.
As far as my deal with him goes, it couldn't have gone any smoother and would recommend dealing with Eddie anytime.
Thanks Eddie!