**BEWARE** Daniel Beach WR4F

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Brucefelder

**BEWARE** Daniel Beach WR4F

Post by Brucefelder »

WR4F, Daniel Beach, cannot be trusted to keep his word.

WR4F was looking for a 756PRO3 and wanted a Paypal deal. I offered him my mint 756PRO3 for $2200 shipped Paypal. Optionally, my mint SP23 and PS125 for an additional $250 shipped Paypal ($2450 total). He made the deal and said to "consider it sold", pending the sale of his FT950.

A few days later, he sold his FT950 and then offered to buy my 3 Icom pieces mentioned above for $2350 shipped Paypal. Of course I said no deal unless we don't use Paypal.

I never heard from him again.

I would not trust Mr. Beach to keep his word. I would advise anyone to avoid this slime ball.

Dr. Bruce Felder, K3BF
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Being as i bought a FT902 from Bruce a few years back i feel you can trust what he say's. Bruce described the Radio very good and sold it to me at a very reasonable price. With that experience behind me this is how i judge his word....
Larry Huff K0pd
wr4f

BEWARE OF WR4F

Post by wr4f »

BRUCE
I AM SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE
I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT THE PURCHASE
AND SEEING HOW YOU REACTED I AM GLAD I DID, THERE IS NO NEED TO RESORT TO NAME CALLING
73S
Brucefelder

Bruce Felder, K3BF

Post by Brucefelder »

Excellent! The above response speaks volumes. :D
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

Bruce,
You are a tough one!

The guy makes a bad call,apologizes to you here in public and you keep on berating him.

I certainly will not look to do any deal with you.

I imagine you also forgot that when you signed on with PayPal you agreed to not charge an extra fee for accepting the payments?

Not only did it slip your mind but you are broadcasting your rule breaking here too.

Good Luck
Ed
Brucefelder

Dan Beach WR4F

Post by Brucefelder »

Ed:

I fail to understand your position.

Dan Beach committed to buying my gear at an agreed on price of $2450, saying "consider it sold" - his very words.

Several days later he makes me an offer of $2350 for the same gear.

The orig deal of $2450 included my paying for shipping (est $40) and absorbing the Paypal fee ($85). This would have netted me about $2325 for a mint PRO3, PS125, and SP23. This is considerably below market value and a real good deal for him.

He then tries to bargain me down further after he sells his gear. I then told him I would do the deal for $2350 but would not be willing to take the Paypal hit and he could use another form of payment. He then disappears.

How does this make me the "bad guy"? Please explain.
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

KC0UKR wrote:Bruce,
You are a tough one!

The guy makes a bad call,apologizes to you here in public and you keep on berating him.

I certainly will not look to do any deal with you.

I imagine you also forgot that when you signed on with PayPal you agreed to not charge an extra fee for accepting the payments?

Not only did it slip your mind but you are broadcasting your rule breaking here too.

Good Luck
Ed
I'm pretty sure the extra fee thing applies to ebay sales only.
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

Bruce
I never said you were the Bad Guy.
He changed his mind and apologized and you are out exactly nothing.
That is what I mean.

K9XR
The Fee issue with PayPal is very clear if you search your user agreement for it.It has nothing to do with Ebay at all.
I know everyone (else) charges the fee to the buyer but that certainly does not make it right.
It is a clear cost of doing business and for the convenience and swiftness of getting paid it is a cost we AGREED too.
n3kya

paypal

Post by n3kya »

PAYPAL is a convenience for the BUYER to get his item shipped right away without waiting for the check to arrive and clear or have the hassle of going to the post office to get a money order. I as the seller will wait till the payment clears, so if you want it shipped sooner, then overnight me a postal mo or pay the 3% to get it now. Paypal is for the most part, a hassle for sellers and there are many horror stories on the net to back that up.
KC0UKR

Re: paypal

Post by KC0UKR »

n3kya wrote:PAYPAL is a convenience for the BUYER to get his item shipped right away without waiting for the check to arrive and clear or have the hassle of going to the post office to get a money order. I as the seller will wait till the payment clears, so if you want it shipped sooner, then overnight me a postal mo or pay the 3% to get it now. Paypal is for the most part, a hassle for sellers and there are many horror stories on the net to back that up.
All of which has nothing to do at all with this thread?
The agreement between PayPal and us that we said "OK" to states this.
I do not disagree with your point it is just not the point we are talking about here.
kf9z

Re: paypal

Post by kf9z »

n3kya wrote:PAYPAL is a convenience for the BUYER to get his item shipped right away without waiting for the check to arrive and clear or have the hassle of going to the post office to get a money order. I as the seller will wait till the payment clears, so if you want it shipped sooner, then overnight me a postal mo or pay the 3% to get it now. Paypal is for the most part, a hassle for sellers and there are many horror stories on the net to back that up.
But it is against the Terms of Use and Service YOU agree to when you sign-up with PayPal. Why is that hard to understand?

D
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I do not recall a contractual agreement with pay pal saying i could not pass on my fee to the seller but do recall it being against E Bay policy. But even E Bay does not enforce it seems like unless there is a complaint.As for Dr.Bruce Felder K3BF i do not recall him being offered a apology untill after he aired his feelings about the non transaction here....
Larry Huff K0pd
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

lhuffk0pd wrote:I do not recall a contractual agreement with pay pal saying i could not pass on my fee to the seller but do recall it being against E Bay policy. But even E Bay does not enforce it seems like unless there is a complaint.
Larry
Trust me,I promise it is in the agreement.
I don't just happen to know it because I am so smart either,they came after me once for selling like most everyone does and adding an extra fee.

Ed
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

lhuffk0pd wrote:I do not recall a contractual agreement with pay pal saying i could not pass on my fee to the seller but do recall it being against E Bay policy. But even E Bay does not enforce it seems like unless there is a complaint.As for Dr.Bruce Felder K3BF i do not recall him being offered a apology untill after he aired his feelings about the non transaction here....
Larry - if you read the TERMS of USE you will see it, clearly and plainly. It is an offense that can lead to having your PP account revoked. You DID sign onto that the first minute you accepted the account. Even if you did not have that originally in your agreement they send amendments to your agreement yearly in the mail or via e-mail.

You agreed to those terms and any amendments to those terms when you signed on with PP. A retailer CANNOT charge 3% for accepting a CC and most gas stations are prohibited from doing so in many states. It is the way of PP and the agreement you signed-off on or you can cancel your account or PP will do it for you for violating their rules and regulation.

As for the original posting - I see his point. It stinks when someone agrees to buy something and then does not. It also seems a bit uncouth to offer less than the price that was agreed upon originally. I also do not blame you for not accepting less when using PP. You were not trying to recover your 3% fee but merely maintain the price agree upon.

There was no contract signed and people are allowed to change their minds. I have in the past - sellers have in the past and I have had many buyers do the exact same thing - back-out. I recently had a fellow agree to buy an Icom from me and even asked for my payment method - agreeing to send payment. He did not send payment nor respond to my e-mail asking the status. It happens.

D