K5MDM - Murray Neese - A man of integrity

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7IN

K5MDM - Murray Neese - A man of integrity

Post by K7IN »

Murray and I made an interesting deal recently in that we traded radios that were different in value. I wanted what he was advertising and offered him what I had that was worth more than his. Weighing the balances, Murray offered the difference in 'cash' and we would pay for our own shipping.

After a few exchanges, we were satisfied with what was included and what would not be and off we went. We passed along tracking numbers and our exchanges were delivered the same day at each end. All worked very well and according to plan. I am very satisfied and so is Murray.

I have read some of the threads where Murray has been involved. Some people get angry at the least little thing in an e-mail message that they take wrong. All you need to do is verify what is written and if you don't like something, say so. You can always just say "no" and walk away. You also have to remember that e-mail is very 'cold' and not like making an offer and negotiating in person. Go the extra mile and confirm things before you finalize your deal and you won't be in for any surprises due to misunderstandings. If you have some doubt concerning a deal, back away. Or, if you're dealing with someone with no references to offer, you may be tossing your $$$ away and you can always walk away from a deal if you don't feel confident in someone following through.

I will say that I have had numerous dealings over the internet in various e-mail swap lists on QRZ and QTH.com as well as eBay. It has been a pleasure to deal with Murray and I would recommend him to anyone wanting to buy something he is selling or vice-versa. Murray is one of the "good guys" here on QTH.com and he is an asset to our on-line community. :D

Paul Cavnar - K7IN
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Be glad your not in Canada. He would have cut you to pieces.