BEWARE of AJ1M

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ko7t

BEWARE of AJ1M

Post by ko7t »

He asks for PayPal only

On june 20 I sent via PayPal $105 for a ICOM 2200H

Said he would ship in 3 days

Have triied for 10 day to esablish contact with him via email, QTH and telephone at address on QRZ NO LISTING for telephone

He has 4 listings on QTHnow
670873, 670953, 669585, 669583

I have been a ham since 1940 and this is my first run in with any problem with the honesty of a fellow ham

Thanks and BEWARE

Gene KO7T
ko7t@dc.rr.com
w8jn

hurry up

Post by w8jn »

hurry up and file a dispute with paypal before he pulls the plug on his account!!! 73 paul w8jn
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

A little research reveals the following info for the guy:

His email: aj1m@frontiernet.net

another email: aj1m@yahoo.fr

His myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/aj1m

His web page: www.frontiernet.net/~aj1m/INDEX.html

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

I'd like to mention that it appears he is a very active DX contester and with Field Day this past weekend, he (like me) might have been VERY busy last week preparing... just a thought. :D
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Lets see if it does not show up in a couple of days. East coast to the west coast 7 days would not be all that long if it was sent Via post office. If he sent it UPS or FedX ground then 4-5 day's would be normal and that is counting working days. So i'll bet you have in the next couple of day's.......
Larry Huff K0pd
n5JJR

Post by n5JJR »

I have been a ham since 1940 and this is my first run in with any problem with the honesty of a fellow ham :o
K4ICL

Tell us more...

Post by K4ICL »

have been a ham since 1940 and this is my first run in with any problem with the honesty of a fellow ham
What probem are you talking about? Please give more details. Thanks.

K4ICL
ke7mrb

Also Having an issue

Post by ke7mrb »

I sent Jay a paypal for $200 for an FT-7800 almost a month ago. I finally heard from him on 8th August saying that he was out of town and would ship straight away, fair enough.

Over a week later numerous emails for an update and nothing heard.

Finally disputed this with Paypal, was told that the radio was damaged during packing and that a refund would be forthcoming.
Again numerous emails to ascertain when and how this would be made, nothing.

Finally decided to escalate this to paypal for them to decide. I am also considering filing a fraud complaint with the local PD.

If any one knows Jay, please get him to contact me about this I want to resolve this as soon as possible.

Martin KE7MRB
ke7mrb

Update

Post by ke7mrb »

I have a refund pending. So I am Happy, thank you Jay.

No Harm No foul.

This could have been avoided with better communication.

Martin