NS1Z JOHN WILCOX

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n5rqw

NS1Z JOHN WILCOX

Post by n5rqw »

ns1z john wilcox agreed to buy an astron rs-70m from me for $275.00 shiped to his door,he agreed to send money order the next day so i told him i would consider it sold and remove the add from qth.com--about 3 day's later he again email's me that he will try to send the mo. the next day. then 2 days later he emailed me he had found a new one for $30.00 less than mine and canceled our deal. if he was not through shopping he should not have agreed to buy mine, appears he is not a man o his word. USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH HIM HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SERIOUS
NS1Z

NS1Z my side of the story, without embellishments....

Post by NS1Z »

That's almost what happened. I did agree to purchase the RS70 from Glen but there were no delays or 3 day waits. I found that I could purchase a new, warranteed RS-70M for $30 more (MORE!) than Glen was asking for his used one just a couple of hours after sending him the "I'll take it" message. Seemed a better deal so I sent e-mail apologizing for having to withdraw my offer and explained why I did so. I didn't realize he was counting on that sale so heavily. Again, I am sorry I had to withdraw but it was economics and nothing personal.

What Glen said:
ns1z john wilcox agreed to buy an astron rs-70m from me for $275.00 shiped to his door,he agreed to send money order the next day so i told him i would consider it sold and remove the add from qth.com--about 3 day's later he again email's me that he will try to send the mo. the next day. then 2 days later he emailed me he had found a new one for $30.00 less than mine and canceled our deal. if he was not through shopping he should not have agreed to buy mine, appears he is not a man o his word. USE CAUTION WHEN DEALING WITH HIM HE MAY OR MAY NOT BE SERIOUS
n5rqw

NS1Z JOHN WILCOX

Post by n5rqw »

john why don't you tell the truth ? you agreed to buy it. everyone keep in mind that he stated in his reply ( he found one 30 minutes later after he agreed to buy mine ) here is the truth he agreed to buy mine stated he would send payment the next morning so i thought it was a done deal. 2 or 3 days later he emailed me stateing that he would make an effort to send payment the next day so i let it go thinking he may have had a problem getting to the post office. ( this is the second time he agreed to send payment.) then a day or 2 later he email's me saying he was cancelling our deal that he had found one $30.00 cheaper, if he found one 30 minutes later why didnt he notify me immeaditley ? instead of letting me think he was going to take mine? i have always been honest and above board with people i have dealt with anyone can check my feedback on qth.com this is the truth about what happened. now he's trying to lie about it. anyway i have better thing's to do than waste my time with a jerk like him. so all who reade this can draw their own conclusion's about whose's lying.
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

It appears to me that both of you should have done some research. Such as, checking the going market price for new and used equipment.

As for the seller, just relist the powers supply. Both of you should read this thread:
http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=4766.
n5rqw

N6VMO

Post by n5rqw »

THANK YOU N6VMO FOR THE ADVICE BUT I CAIN'T SEE WHAT SOMEONE ELSE"S PRICE HAS TO DO WITH WHAT I WANT FOR MINE. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DO RESEARCH AND THEN IF HE DIDN'T LIKE MY PRICE THEN HE HAD THE OPTION TO BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND NOT EVEN CONTACT ME ABOUT MINE. SINCE MY PRICE WAS STATED IN THE ADD.BUT THANK'S FOR YOUR COMMET. HAVE A NICE DAY.