ANSWER YOUR E MAILS!!! FROM WN8BOB

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WN8BOB

ANSWER YOUR E MAILS!!! FROM WN8BOB

Post by WN8BOB »

How many times have I answered an ad for an item only to receive absolutly NO reply at all !! Then to see the same ad still running,how hard can it be to type "SOLD" or "Deal Pending" or "NO THANKS" sometimes a reply is needed to maybe forsake another deal or situation,why do people take the time to write ads then NOT respond at all,I'm sure a lot of you out there have experienced this same situation,I thought this forum would be a good place to help rectify the above...Are you REALLY THAT BUSY!! WN8BOB
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

You know it's funny you mention this, I was just telling my wife last night the very same thing. In fact I emailed a guy that had a rig for sale or trade and I made a trade offer to him and heard nothing back. I waited a few days and saw the ad listed again, so then I started to think that maybe my first email did not reach him. Again I send off the email with said offer and it has been two days again with nothing heard.
I myself when I have something listed I answer every single message just to say thanks for getting back to me, being sold, traded yes or no. It only takes a couple of seconds to do the right thing.
Cheers Don VE3GNX
one more email answered HIHI. :D
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

I pretty much expect this now. If I am in the market for a particular piece of equipment I usually do a search and then email a few different ads just to simply ask if it is still available. I usually get about one reply out of three.

In the past it has proved to be a waste of time to respond to a single ad with an "I'll take it", wait a few days for them to respond out of courtesy , and then search for another listing.

I love it when a person responds to my inquiry about an active ad with a tone of: "Its sold, why are you bothering me?"

Anthony