beware of any dealings with W4IDR

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4hyi

beware of any dealings with W4IDR

Post by w4hyi »

I had a bad deal with Richard . I made a trade deal with him on a ft 1000 mp and he told me the radio had nothing wrong . So I drove 6 hours to pick it up I talked on the radio every thing looked ok so we made the deal . On my way home Richard calls me on the phone and told me there was a tip of a 1/8 inch plug broke off in the ext speaker jack after I had drove a 150 or so miles from his house. So when I get home I check the ext speaker jack and nothing there . So I hooked the radio up turn it on and no audio out of the speaker I ckecked every thing. I plug into the phone jack on the front of the radio and I had audio. Anyways long story short some one had put voltage in the ext jack and blow out af board I talked to Richard and told him what I found wrong.He told me he had no clue what happened . So after a number of phone calls he said he would pay for the repairs .So I sent the radio off to get the repair done. Got the radio back called Richard and tolded him how much it was and sent a copy of the bill to him . I have not herd from him since I have sent a number of e-mails and calls and he will not return any
Last edited by w4hyi on Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.