VE7JZ and VE7NVI = same person... be cautious of him.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE3GOP

VE7JZ and VE7NVI = same person... be cautious of him.

Post by VE3GOP »

I'm sure someone mentioned it on here before but just so you know that John Pringle VE7JZ is also known as VE7NVI. Check for yourself on Buckmaster. Kinda suspicious when your address is "General Delivery"...
It would also seem that VE7NVI signed up at QTH.com on October 16th, days after he came back from the hospital he was supposedly at. I'm sure he will read this note... Hi John! Thanks for screwing me!
vy 73s

Alex VE3GOP
ab0re

Also screwed by this person / persons

Post by ab0re »

I've also been scammed by this person. I basically sent him money and an antenna.. he sent me a broken radio 2 months later. He does not answer numerous emails. Looks like I'm out about $125. Email me direct if further information is needed.

Thanks & 73,
Dan / ab0re
Richard

Chris Pringle....

Post by Richard »

Hi Gang... Chris Pringle AKA John Pringle AKA VE7JZ AKA VE8AA..aka whatever..... used to live just down the street from me... here in Chemainus BC, on Vancouver Island . Unfortunately he suddenly left the area under a rather dark cloud, apparently after numerous questionable deals and "situations". An old 27mhz rubber ducker from way back....Chris tended to be a bit of a blowhard...lots of talk but very little...well you know..a real Walter Mitty. ...And I stayed clear big time. He apparently has family in Crofton... here on the Island..and if he's on the run this would be a good place to look if you have an axe to grind. There have been times when Chris had been known to do ok and he's "come through" for guys...and I'll be the first to give the devil his due and yet there have been other times.... that's what makes it so damn complicated. Yet a guy who goes by two names... 4 ongoing Qth's and 5 or 6 ham calls makes me wonder. I think he's got an Australian call too. He best be careful with the Aussies though... or they're are liable to toss him overboard and use him for crocodile bait...and them "salties" are real mean.

Richard
VA7AA
(Yep that's my real call :) )
VE3GOP

Post by VE3GOP »

Richard... thank you for this interesting piece of information. It confirms what I've been told about this guy and now I can be sure of whom I was dealing with.
Boy, did he have me fooled.... but at least I learned my lesson and not let my guard down next time I deal over the net.
I looked up his name on the Canada411 site and there was a John Pringle in Chemainus... I called it but I was told it's the wrong number - either that or he had them (whoever picked up the phone) say that everytime someone would be looking for him.
So.... what exactly is his real name? Judging by his email address it's John and that he lives with someone by the name of Angie.
Then again, I've seen references to Chris Pringle, then John Roper... etc etc. I wonder if his buddies up in BC know that they're dealing with a crook?

73s Alex
vy 73s

Alex VE3GOP
ab7dj

VE7JZ

Post by ab7dj »

I BET HE IS STILL IN PORT EDWARD, BUT WHO KNOWS? I GOT MOST OF MY STUFF, ONLY A PROMISED SM-5 MIC. DIDN'T MAKE IT. I GUESS THE RADIO WORKS, I AM AFRAID TO PLUG IT IN!
when you die you will leave with only one thing-your integrity
kc2kuw

VE7JZ or VE7NVI or whatever the thief wants to use

Post by kc2kuw »

Got taken for a KAM PLUS in Septmeber. Tried to post earlier but had problems signing in and tried to give him a chance. Oh well live and learn and let God or whoever sort it out. I know I can't get anything done from this end .....
VE3GOP

Post by VE3GOP »

Goes to show you that we are dealing with a compulsive scum. He knows that there may not be much you guys south of the border can do about this and as such, he keeps going.
But in order to stop him, people must be made aware of his wrongdoings and we need everyone's involvement in this to spread the word around.
As such, please do yourself (and everyone else, I guess) a favour John. Post your experiences at other sites as well. I would suggest QRZ.COM, EHAM.NET, HAMSTERSHACK.COM to name a few. I would also suggest newsgroups such as rec.radio.swap
Let it be known what this individual is up to.

73s Alex VE3GOP
vy 73s

Alex VE3GOP
Richard

Chris Pringle

Post by Richard »

Guys, I'll check around and see if he's in the area :roll: and see what I can find out... and if if I find out anything I'll let you know... this place is too small for him to disappear for long if he's here.... I saw him about a year ago, and as I recall he said he'd just gotten back from Australia... Quoted an Aussie call...he showed me a certifcate from the ACA and when I looked it up up it seemed genuine. Can't remember the call though.

Port Edward is a little bedroom community just south of Prince Rupert on the North Coast...sounds like a nice place to live if you don't mind short days in the winter and lots of rain... suppose it would be a good place to hide out if your on the lam.

Richard
Va7AA
n4bnm

Post by n4bnm »

If all of you that have been taken by this guy would each simply file an individual complaint with the FBI at www.ifccfbi.gov . He will eventually stop and will be caught. This process may take some time but it does work. You all are more powerful than you think. Your power is in numbers. Your power is in doing it together!!!
n2maq

Re: VE7JZ and VE7NVI = same person... be cautious of him.

Post by n2maq »

Well guys he is still at it. He got me for $375 and when I tell him 3 months is long enough refund money he blocked me.
Going by the name John Pringle located in Sayward BC Canada
VE3GOP

Post by VE3GOP »

I'm sorry to hear that Eugene.... I guess once a scum, always a scum.
What did he rip you off on?

I thought I'd never hear of him again but not too long ago I saw him trying to unload a Bird 43 with a set of slugs on Facebook group (Canadian Amateur Radio Operators - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2624005010)... not sure if he was able to rip anyone off on that deal.
You can also do a search for John Pringle on Facebook (avatar has a dog inside a car).... it shows he lives in Toronto, Ontario, which is not true. Apparently he lives out of a bus with his daughter somewhere on Vancouver Island, BC.
vy 73s

Alex VE3GOP
n2maq

Post by n2maq »

He sold me a 220 module for Ft-736r and a meter, nothing but excuses then blocked me on facebook. It was in the 220 group their.