KD7UFF........ WHERE ARE YOU

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N3QAM

KD7UFF........ WHERE ARE YOU

Post by N3QAM »

Hey Dan , I've been trying to contact you about the 6 meter beam i purchased from you but every email address you had listed is no longer valid , including the one i sent the paypal payment through . I need to know if you shipped the beam yet. Last week you stated you needed to find a box and that was the last bit of information i have received other than returned emails.

I have emailed you at your yahoo.com email and also your call @arrl as you have listed in another wanted ad and have not heard anything.

Just being a bit cautious since i have not heard anything since the money transaction.

Please contact me at N3QAM@comcast.net

Thanks
Keith
N3QAM
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

Dan , i still have not heard anything , I really would like to resolve this prior to having to file a paypal complaint. If something came up , I'm real easy to work with , i just need to know what is going on .
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

Dan , i also see that you have another ad up looking for an icom radio . So you are still lurking around here on the boards . Just so you know , i have filed a complaint with paypal. i sent you the money on 9 April and here it is on the 17th and have no antenna , nor have you responded to any of my emails since you received my money .

I gave you the 3% that you requested for the loss of the paypal transaction plus additional money to round it UP to an even amount . I think i was more than fair and generous . Now you just simply pi$$ed me off and want my money back . I gave you the benefit of the doubt and all but there is no excuse for this .

Keith
N3qam
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

perhaps he's in the hospital...... and the hospital only has one-way internet, so he can post ads, but not reply to email... :evil:
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

lol , well had that be true , there would not be able to be an exchange of packets for his pc to send and receive data to send the DNS request to load the web page and then receive the data to display it on his screen .

I do appreciate the attempt to lighten the mood a bit , but this must be another one of those prime examples as to why in the wild , some animals selectively eat their young
SRE Tech

Post by SRE Tech »

He openly admits having problems finding a shipping box and wants you to pay his Paypal fee!?! What a loser...

Get your Paypal refund, be done with him, and try again.

Now if one of the nurses could just wheel him down to the hospital's receiving dock he might be able to snatch just the perfect box to mail that antenna in and save the day... but I bet not.
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

it wasnt so much as having problems finding a box , he made mention of needing a box. My suggestion was using a tube , since there would be less corners for the shipping people dent and destroy, but that was the last i heard.

Now one would think that you would have a box ready to go if you knew you were going to sell it but there i go thinking again

I filed the complaint with paypal the upgraded it to a claim the following day . I'm not screwing around .

My local ARRL rep heard the story and offered to make some inquiries for me , i guess through his contacts etc etc but i opted to wait to see how my methods go first .

My luck, he withdrew the money from his paypal account already and no longer has his cc or bank account linked , therefor wont get my money back unless he has " buyer protection" Not sure , never had to deal with this type of BS before.
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

i found the clowns myspace account. i have emailed him there , still no return mail.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=57234791
kb9vqm

Post by kb9vqm »

Here is a easy solution to finding a box for beams. The UPS store has 2 part boxes that they use to ship skis in.The are like 8" x 8" and can be made to whatever lenght you need. Just a thought and Idea
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

well, i wound up emailing EVERYONE he mentioned in his profiles (clubs and associations) explaining why i am emailing them and asking for their help to contact him , i have one response that gave me his phone number . Maybe peer pressure or just the embarrassment of everyone in his normal routine knowing that he scammed me , may just assist him in doing the right thing . :D

His excuse to that other person was that his "server crashed and he has not had time to get it up and running"

i call BS
n1itm

Post by n1itm »

And now he has his MySpace profile set to private.

N1ITM
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I read his info on QRZ with his call sign and apparently he has had a disabling accident at one time. I'm not defending KD7uff as it all smell's like rip off. But 8 years ago i sold a KW desk mic to a ham and while his money was on the way i had a heart attack and ended up getting 5 bypasses. His money showed up and all my son who came by and checked the mail and house did was just throw the mail in a pile.When i finally got home after 5 day's i still felt weak so did not bother with mail nor any thing else as recovering was all that concerned me. After a few day's at home i started checking my e mail and there it was the gentleman who bought the mic wanting to know if i got the money as he had not heard back from me. Well after going through my mail i found the envelope with the M.O. in it and got it right back out to him. I'm sure he will alway's wonder if i really was sick. So all i'm saying is bad thing's do happen when not expected and in my case i honestly had forgotten all about the sale as at the time recovering was paramount.I hope this is sort of all that has happened in your case but from what i've read it does not look that way......Good Luck ......
Larry Huff K0pd
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

sorry to hear , i have thought about all of that , but one of the gentleman in my mass emails had responded back to me after talking to Dan , and all he said was that his "server crapped out" and he hasn't had time to fix it .
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey Guys:

I have dealt with Dan in the past with no problems. I am not defending him just telling about my personal deal with him. I do know that as you mentioned he is wheel chair bound, and he does or did spend alot of time going back and forth to a childrens hospital with his little girl.
Dan bought one of my Kenwood TS700's off of me and it took a bit of time to straighten things out because he was in Seatle with his daughter.
Hope you can work things out because I don't think or hope Dan would scam a fellow ham.
Cheers Don VE3GNX
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

I did not mention that as it was not a contributing factor in this situation . I do not think that being disabled or having problems with a child is any excuse to take the money and not send anything . The problem here is that he does not make ANY attempt to contact me back . Bottom line is , if you cant make a deal happen that you made , you should find a way to make contact with that person to let them know whats going on . If you WANT it to happen , you will make it happen . All i get is that his server went down . Ok , How that has an any impact on getting on the web and responding to emails is beyond me . I dont know of anyone who has such a large server setup in their home that it will not allow them to surf the web..... Pick up a damn phone and call someone who can respond to an email or notify me that for what ever reason i cant send you the piece of equipment you purchased .

Im not that much of a pecker that i wouldnt understand an emergency situation . But what the hell , He isnt the only person in this world with problems . Im deploying to Iraq in oct / nov of this year and dont you think i have things that need to be squared away prior to me leaving ??? ...... I can tell you that getting scammed out of $130 bucks is NOT one of them
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

well i called and left him a message on my lunch break today . His phone went right to voicemail .

:bsflag:
N3QAM

Post by N3QAM »

still no direct contact with him . have had some email exchange fro other has in his area etc etc . but all of a sudden on friday out of the blue ........ my refund came from paypal

Thanks for all your help everyone

case closed