In my own defense NL7FK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NL7FK

In my own defense NL7FK

Post by NL7FK »

Wow! What a day. A warning was just posted about me that I just have to address. The chain of events:

I recently posted a FT-950 for sale in the classified section. As normal I received numerous responses and inquiries about the rig.
I received a low ball offer from a ham on which I countered.
The ham then requested my phone number.

I emailed my information to him and asked him to call me after 9PM the following day and stated that I would do nothing with the radio until I spoke to him.
The following day I was totally Indisposed due to family issues. Sorry guys family first!

I wake up this morning and see this:

RADIOHF - WARNING on callsign NL7FK
Was supposed to get a yaesu ft950 from NL7FK per e-mails. He said to call him the next day for arrangements; called 4-5 different times, would not answer the telephone and would not return my calls. HE MUST HAVE SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE ?????
Listing #659833 - Submitted on 04/15/08 by Callsign KC8VMV
Click Here to Email

Wow, what a surprise. I have been selling and trading ham gear for years and have never had an issue as the one posted above. I have attached a copy of the email correspondents conducted between myself and the other ham.

Does anyone see anything anywhere that says he would take the radio at my counter offer?
How about the section that states that I would not do anything with thte radio until I talk to him? Does this make me a criminal?

First E-Mail

You have received a response to your ad, titled "Yaesu FT 950 Less than a week old", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.
The response is from:
Name: Richard Hanner
Callsign: KC8VMV
E-mail: rjhanner@cmsinter.net
The response is:
would you take $110000? rich kc8vmv

response to the first

To: Richard Hanner
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 7:49 PM
Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- Yaesu FT 950 Less than a ...
Rich, your killing me here.
I will take 1200.00 plus the $24.00 shipping.
I should have gotten the TS-450AT but the FT-950 looked so good and it is a fine radio.
If I do not sell soon I will just have to tackle my op position and do a bit of re-building to make it fit.
Thanks
Roy

Response from my counter offer:

-------Original Message-------

Date: 4/13/2008 8:35:06 PM
To: Roy Foster
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- Yaesu FT 950 Less than a ...

would you send your phone#rich

My response:

Rich,

My Phone number is 513-284-8640.
The problem is my phone is dead as a door nail and is on the charger.
Feel free to call tomorrow morning after 9AM.
I will be going to bed in a few but I will not do anything with the radio until I talk to you.I just got back from the Raleigh, NC Hamfest and I am dead tired.

Talk to you soon
Roy
NL7FK

Unexpected things do happen. When I did call a day later I am now un-trustful and deserving of such a negative post as listed above.

I am sorry for not jumping and meeting others schedules and for that I am guilty. I will not apologize for taking care of issues at home concerning my family.

BTW, the radio is not sold at present time, Rich.

In my Own Defense,
NL7FK
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

I must agree with you.People are so impatient now days.I too would have taken care of my family beofre worrying about selling the rig.Come on people be considerate,it doesn't hurt.Kevin
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Roy,
I say don't sell to the guy no matter what he offers you. He sounds like the kind of guy that will take the least little thing and throw it back in your face and blow it way out of line. He's the kind that wants everything for nothing and if he doesn't get it he will try to slam you.
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Roy...glad to see you posting this reply to the comments. When I read what was posted yesterday I searched your call and found 3 or 4 positive comments and no negative. I believe the prospective buyer may have jumped the gun a little...I know in this day and age lots of us expect things to happen quickly...at our schedule... but everyone has their own schedule...and priorities. Anyway..perhaps the buyer will contact you...and work out something..and make another post that will clean this mess up. 73....Sam W8VVE
W4UZI

Post by W4UZI »

The gentleman's comments and negative depiction of NL7FK are unfounded and totally unjustified. NL7FK is truly one of the "good guys".

I know Roy, NL7FK. Roy would no more mislead anyone than he would fly to the moon. On the contrary, Roy, NL7FK would give the shirt off his back to help another ham operator in need. He is actively involved in the ham community and helps both new and old hams, alike, on a regular basis. I've known Roy to actually give radio equipment to less fortunate hams just to keep them on the air.

For the poster to drag NL7FK's good name through the mud is insulting, and I think he owes Roy, NL7FK, an apology.

My recommendation to the poster of the negative comments is that in the future he should know who and what he is shooting at before he pulls the trigger.

W4UZI
ab7r

His original offer....

Post by ab7r »

I don't know about anyone else...but I would have taken him up on his offer of $110,000.

:)

73 Roy and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Greg
AB7R
KC2HTV

Just my thoughts on Roy's behalf.

Post by KC2HTV »

Greetings:
Many of you that read this post know me... I have traded, bought and sold on most of the radio electronics sites around the world.... My FB on the ebay alone is close to 500 deals... On this site, QRZ, eHam and others, I have closed over 100 deals, trades, purchases and sales...
That being said let me inject on Roy's behalf... We have just finished our deal for this rig and one of mine with $ to balance the trade... We both work crazed work schedules and have family's to tend to... Patience is the essence of a great trade, makeing a life long friend, the ultimate goal for the both of us, as well as ending up with rig or funds as the case may be... Roy is a STRAIGHT SHOOTER!!! Bottom line...
I too, have run into feedback flamers over the years but I notice that most are in to much of a hurry to beat someone out of something they want... Just my humble observation... If I feel rushed or threatened in a transaction, I instintively back away from the deal... This has saved me much grief over the years...
Roy, keep up the good work and do not be discouraged over someone else's short commings...
Best 73's
Rick kc2htv
The barter system is alive and well...