Help with Bryan Waddell W9MUP please?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

Help with Bryan Waddell W9MUP please?

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, I sent Bryan Waddell W9MUP from Monroe, Wisconsin $1142.90 for a Kenwood TS-2000 he was selling on QTH. I sent him a bank check on March 25th and I had called him Tuesday afternoon April 1st and asked him if he had received my payment because I had not heard from him. At that time he said he was in the hospital (??) but he would call his wife and see if she received my payment and then get back to me as he was also going home shortly. I did not hear back from him and the next morning I called my bank only to find out that Bryan had received and deposited my check in HIS account on March 28th. This was confirmed by his bank, Associated Bank (I called them) and I have a copy of his endorsement on the back of my check. I have called Bryan and e-mailed him many times but he will not answer me. I am sure someone out there knows him, perhaps there has been some sort of "mistake" on his side and he will decide to send me either a valid tracking number or a refund. I simply want to get one or the other. I know he does antenna and tower work in that area and he has been around a while so I am hoping someone out there will call him and ask him to please resolve the problem. I have his cell phone number but he will not answer that or any e-mails. Here is his full information:

Brian Waddell W9MUP
1613 10th Street (or 1116 22nd Street)
Monroe, WI 53566
e-mail: w9mup2000@yahoo.com

Perhaps someone knows where he works, any clubs or organizations he belongs to or any relatives he may have or where his wife/girlfriend may work and they can help me reach him that way.

Again, if he would just take care of this problem I will be HAPPY to post to that effect as soon as he has done so with no hard feelings, just want to get what I am owed... I hate to have to do this but I feel that with these circumstances I have no choice. Again, as soon as Bryan resolves the problem I will say that and post that all has been resolved and both parties are happy.

Thanks for listening, please HELP if you can.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
954-494-3432
Last edited by W4AJF on Sat May 24, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W4AJF

Help with Bryan Waddell W9MUP

Post by W4AJF »

Well folks, Good news! I finally received the radio Bryan Waddell W9MUP owed me. He left out a small item he owes me but I am happy, as the radio was the main thing that I needed so I am satisfied at this point with Bryan Waddell, he did finally come through for me so I consider this case closed.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
kg5i

Good News!

Post by kg5i »

I love Happy Endings!!! :D

Glad you got your rig Adam. BTW folks, I have sold Adam 2 HF rigs in the past couple of years....Always a quick certified bank check and great follow up afterwards......A great person to deal with...

Larry, KG5I
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Larry, thanks for the support, it's good people like you that make this a great hobby.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
Harly9

Re: Help with Bryan Waddell W9MUP please?

Post by Harly9 »

Just want to let all of you know of my experience with this person. I got screwed in a divorce and fell on hard times. Mr. Waddell advertised that he would buy radio equipment. I took a Yeasu FT-101E, FT-901DM, Yaesu SP-101 Speaker, Astatic D104 with TUG-8 base and an SWR/Power meter in to his shop on the square in Monroe, WI to have him give me an estimate as to what he would give me for them. Over the next couple of months I contacted the shop several times to ask if he had come to a decision. His secretary "took down my messages" every time. After being put off one too many times I went in to the shop only to discover my FT-101E, D-104 and SP-101 set up in the lobby! I asked what the hell was going on and why I had not received a reply to my inquiries. I also demanded to get my equipment back. Mr. Waddell told me that he had tuned up the rig, eliminated the 11 meter coverage and I now owed him over $200.00! I argued that I never asked for any repairs and only wanted to know what he would pay me for all of the equipment I had brought in for appraisal. Before I could return with law enforcement officials to recover my property, the store was closed and everything in it was gone. Anyone who thinks that this P.O.S. is a good businessman is sorely mistaken. I was ripped off and left without all of my radio equipment. It has taken me all these years to find his name and will continue to spread the word of just what an a** he is.