KD8ZB Matt Adrian is awesome

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Ernie Ficklin

KD8ZB Matt Adrian is awesome

Post by Ernie Ficklin »

ICOM Service Center Michigan
269-429-2334
1792 Nash Dr.
ST. Joseph, MI 49085

I sent my 756 pro II

Awesome turn around about two weeks and very fair price

Thank you! Matt Adrian

Ernie Ficklin
KB5ZWO
Oklahoma City Oklahoma
N8ERM

Matt Adrian, Icom service MI

Post by N8ERM »

I too have dealt with Matt, great guy, fair prices, always has time to talk about a problem, and knows what Icom service is supposed to be like. I send all I can to him.
Terry N8ERM
W9DMW-2

"NOT SO GOOD SERVICE WITH MATT"

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:( I'm glad to see that others have had good service from Mr.Adrian, But I have not.... Not just once, But twice I had to repair his repairs.

#1. My Icom IC-471A, Low power on all modes, He stated that he had to replaced the trimmer caps, A common problem with these radios, O.K., Also stated it had great recieve and full power everywhere within the band. PROBLEM: The radio did TX fine on 446.000 @ 30w, GREAT.. Or so I thought, Down on 432.100 About 10w out, POOR...... Also it had no recieve, Opened it up to find the connector to the recieve board was not plugged in. THE FIX..... I had to realign the TX section and reconnect the reciever connection, Then the unit worked just fine, And still does.(This connection could not have come loose from shipping)

#2, Ic-208d, Sent in to get converted back to USA band plan, Matt had this radio close to 5 months, Never kept in contact or even updated me on the progress, I had to keep on him to get updates... He then told me it was to big of a job to replace the microproccessor and to costly Finnally, I told him to send it back. FIVE MONTHS, Is to long for any repair job,.. And then be told that after waiting all those months.
Sorry guys, Thats not good customer service. I will not send anything to him, Found a Icom tech that puts him to shame. And the prices are fair and the turn around time is fantastic, NO Five Month wait . Again, I'm glad that he has done well by others, But from my point of view, NO WAY EVER AGAIN...
One mistake I can understand, Poor communications and sloopy work I cannot understand, And the good part of it all, I had to pay for it. NICE.

73's to all & GOD BLESS. Don W9DMW
W5YMB

" NOT SO GOOD SERVICE WITH MATT "

Post by W5YMB »

So nice to see a little " balance " (" Hit - And - Miss ") sometimes in the Reviews of the Service Centers . . .