BEWARE OF MOUSER'S NEW SHIPPING RIPOFF

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4jve

BEWARE OF MOUSER'S NEW SHIPPING RIPOFF

Post by w4jve »

I have used Mouser for many years because they had an inexpensive 1st class mail shipping option....It is now gone! I just ordered a pair of transistors weighing less than half an ounce and the shipping bill was over $6. I could have mailed it for less than a buck !

So Mouser is no longer an option for a small (and retired) buyer like me. Here is a copy of the bill, this seemed to be the cheapest thing they had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
INVOICE NO: 29821852
SHIP DATE: 03/12/08
PURCHASE ORDER NO: 2097292
ORDER DATE: 03/11/2008
ORDERED STOCK NUMBER SHIPPED PRICE EXTENDED
2 576-S8065K 2 6.230 12.46
Littelfuse TVS SCR's
S8065K

SHIPPING INFORMATION
FOB: SHP POINT
MERCHANDISE 12.46
HANDLING 0.00
FREIGHT 6.24
TAX 0.00
-----------
TOTAL $18.70

Beware beware
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Wake up , it is not Mousers fault. Blame that on the Gas people. $6.00 is CHEAP to get a part to you in a few days , 1,000 miles away let alone several salaries paid to get it you.
The guy has to pull the parts , pack them , then a driver has to pick them up , go to a sort facitlity , get redirected, loaded on a truck , sent to a hub , resorted , then loaded off at the local delivery facilty , then sorted again , then loaded on a mail truck and delivered. You think $6.00 is HIGH?

Thats the difference , you could mail it for a buck, but do you have it in stock? Do you control inventory , do you have a wearhouse full of stocked parts with people there to sort and catalog everything to make it EASY for you to get a part you need? I don't think so...

This is NOT Red China. People need to make a living.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
w8jn

con-job?

Post by w8jn »

WOW!!!! $6.00 to process your $12.00 order? I'll bet if you ordered $1000 in parts that weighed the same as your $12.00 order they would have charged you $6.00!!!! A rip off of $6.00. Have you thought about filing a formal complaint with the Federal postal inspectors? If you would have used a postal money order you could have had those Mouser boys in the slammer by now! Also consider forwarding this on to the FBI. They may need to build a dossier on these guys. Homeland Security needs this info also. GOOD LUCK bringing these bad guys to justice... they are a blight on the amateur community! :evil:
K4ICL

Deal with it!

Post by K4ICL »

All shipping rates have increased dramatically in the last year.

The US is now joining European countries' already high transportation costs. Welcome to the gobal economy.

Bottom line: Gone is the cheap shipping as we have enjoyed for decades.

Deal with it. This is just the beginning!

K4ICL
k2cd

Post by k2cd »

I think the point the OP was trying to make is that he's done business with Mouser for many years and they just recently dropped First Class mail as a shipping option. I think I'd be a little ticked off too. Really nothing you can do other than call customer service and make an appeal that they reconsider. Sadly more and more companies are doing away with regular mail as an inexpensive shipping option.
w8jn

have you lost your mind????

Post by w8jn »

Mouser sells "stuff" I am guessing that the people who pick the "stuff" off the shelves work for free, and help Mouser out of the goodness of their heart. Then the people who process the order for the "stuff" are also volunteers. Now we come to the shipping room where we find more people working for the benefit of humanity!
Have you guys lost your minds???? Ham operators are notoriously cheap however this one wins the prize.... some knucklehead thinks that his $12 order should be processed for free handled for free and shipped for $0.32 cents. Wow... I guess that Mouser is up there with "BIG OIL". Can we guess that Fred Flintstones order for $12 takes an hour of labor time from front to back? I think $6.00 is highway robery....... Whats wrong with those guys at Mouser... they have a lot of bawlzs trying to make a prifit........ :evil: I needed one bolt from Bird. They have a minimun order of $26. Shame on them for not killing an hour of their time. The bolt was a $0.75 item. I was willing to send them $1.50 and let them keep the change...... greedy greedy greedy :lol:
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

I'd much rather see a small handling charge such as this on a two-bit order than I had for Mouser to be like most others and have, say a $25, minimum order.
N4ATS

Re: have you lost your mind????

Post by N4ATS »

" Ham operators are notoriously cheap however this one wins the prize.... some knucklehead thinks that his $12 order should be processed for free handled for free and shipped for $0.32 cents. Wow"

I can agree 100% on that one....This made my day.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N8ERM

Mouser shipping charges:

Post by N8ERM »

I am in total agreement with K4ICL. In my opinion Mouser is charging what they need to stay in business. I too buy a lot from them. Rather than pick on them we could better spend our time writing letters to the government about gasoline and diesel prices. Of course not on this site.
73, Terry N8ERM
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

As one who work's in the package delivery service i will only say that as energy and labor cost go up so must the cost of the service. One comment on complaining to the goverment about fuel cost and that is i thought we were in a free market economy and believe me when i say every time the goverment get's envolved they seem to alway's make it worse. Remember when the public cried to the goverment about Cable and Ma Bell " Nuff said......
Larry Huff K0pd