W6AAA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W0AKG

W6AAA

Post by W0AKG »

I had a listing on QTH - Wanting to buy 922/220- Ted Judge sent me a Email stating that he had a 922A for $700.00- No scratches- Looks like New'- It needed one contact on the Band switch. I offered Him $650.00 and I would have DHL pick it up and I would pay Dhl. All he had to was pack it. He took it to a UPS Store and they packed it in a flimsy box with Foam Peanuts. Well guess what happened- it was Damaged- I had it insured but anyone knows not to pack a unit that weighs 70lbs with Peanuts. I originaly told him- at least 11/2" of Styrofoam around.. The Fan cover was Damaged and a couple of light scratches on the top- Lucky. He says I shipped iand insured it, so he won't accept resonabilty for the packing???. Also the Band Swithch needed contacts on both wafers, the were fused together. Live and Learn.
Graham "Ted"

Post by Graham "Ted" »

In referance to the W0AKJ account of the TL922A amplifier I would like to reply to the allagation that I was in any way to blame for damage he describes?
First I was willing to package and insure and ship the Amplifier I would then have recorse to address any damage when it arrived. Since I did not insure (he took this action on his own) the amplifier I HAVE NO MEANS TO ADDRESS THE SHIPPER FOR THE DAMAGE. I have been using the amplifier constantly in two rag chew groups for many years with absolutely no problems with it. I told Martin that the contact on the band switch was burned open on our first contact. The amplifier works on all bands EXCEPT 160. I have been using it on 75,40, 20 and 6,with NO TROUBLE right up to the day of shipment. One of the pictures he sent of the trouble shows extreme damage top the box, it looks like it was dropped from a very high place. Any box would sustain that knd of damage dropped from a high place. I was the original owner and the amp absolutely looked like NEW prior to the apparent shipper damage.

W6AAA G. R. "Ted" Judge
K4ICL

Packing a heavy shipment ...

Post by K4ICL »

Sorry to hear of another damaged amp!

The packing quidelines below focus on shipping heavy electronic equipment.

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=4444

K4ICL
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Next time use FEDEX GROUND , you will get it all in tact , The box will still have sharp corners, no damage and no need to insure! (let alone it is half the cost) When will people start to figure that out?
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KE0XS

Using Federal Express

Post by KE0XS »

Bill, is absoultely right. UPS has damaged more equipment. So far, I've found Federal Express to be the best. Never had any equipment damaged yet when properly packaged. Someone once sent me an AL-82 via UPS using peanuts and it arrived damage. Amplifiers should be sent in a heavy box like that used by Dell computers. Plus Federal Express has always been more cost effective.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

For the best delivery , use Fedex Ground Home Delivery.

Most people do not see the difference.

Fedex Ground trucks are purple and green and work Tuesday thru Saturday standard delivery.

Regular Fedex trucks are purple and orange and work Monday thru Friday.

Fedex Ground is 1/2 the cost of U.P.S. and tracking is awesome.

I get emails all the time saying Fedex is so expensive. Thats TRUE if you use Fedex Standard. Try Fedex Ground Home Delivery next time you ask. You will see.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W8VVE

Fedex Ground

Post by W8VVE »

I have got to agree...Fedex ground has been super for me. Sam W8VVE
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

FedEx is much better than USPS or UPS. Open an account and save even more.