Bad deal with KB1ISH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa4sde

Bad deal with KB1ISH

Post by wa4sde »

:( :( :(
I sent Steven Smith (KB1IST) a Money Order for $375.00 for a Icom IC 751 radio and shipping to me..
UPS delivered the radio to me on on Feb 8. It was well packed in 2 boxes and showed no signs of
damage... That afternoon I connected the radio up and found that the LSB on receive was distored badly
on 40 and 80 meters. USB received ok on 20 meters.That as far as I went in checking it out.
That same afternoon I sent Steven A Email and
told him that the radio had the problem.. His reply was that the radio was working ok when he shipped it..
He told me to ship it back. His email sounded like I had broke it.. I have had many
Icom IC 751 and 751A in the years that I have been a Ham ( Over 30 years) and know how they are too
be operated. I ask for him to send me a money order for the refund and a would send him the radio back..
He said that he would not send me the money until I sent him the radio . I told him that I had done that
with KC5VCR.

((( Go to QTH Feedbacks and look at the feedback on that deal. It was a year and haft ago and I
never have got any money from that scammer)))

and I was not going to get ripped off again.. I had sent him (KB1IST)
the money before I had got the radio from him and he should send me the money first like I
had done for him...His reply was like I am big on Ebay and thats the only way that I will work it out.....
I guess I will be force by his action to keep the broken radio because I will not take
the chance of losing again.. It seems to me that if I had to pay to get it first then he should have to
pay first also..

I have a good rating on all my deals for the last 30 years. I Have been running on the air
Traders Nets for over 20 years (( 3.865, 3.898, and 3.938 MHZ and a lot of you guys have done sales
and trades with me...I think this guy is trying to scam me.
I see on Ebay that He likes to bid but don't like to pay.. Check out his feedbacks on Ebay..
also I see that he ((KB1IST)) is no longer a Registered user??????
To be safe DON'T DO A DEAL WITH HIM....
I don't think that Steven Smith (KB1IST) should be selling on QTH..How do you feel????????
Please excuse any misspelled words.. It is hard to type when you are upset...
........Danny......WA4SDE
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

i never said that he broke it all i said was ship it back to me and i would send back his money plus the shipping what more can i do
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

i should have finished reading his comment befor i replyed he is such a lier i have 104 positive feedback on ebay my ebay name is i_am_kb1ist not kb1ist here is my emails i sent him no i havent im kinda waiting to get the 751 back first i would like to see whats wrong with the radio it was working fine
----- Original Message -----
To: steven smith
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:24 PM
Subject: Radio Return

Hi Steve.. I have the IC751 boxed up and ready to ship... have you mailed the money order ?..Danny.....WA4SDE
dan i dident say you broke it just send it back and i will send you your money back there is no problem here so please dont make it out to be one thanx 73
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: Radio Return

Hey wait a minute do you think I broke the radio???????????????????????????????? you had my money and the radio first ... Now you want the radio and the money again.........I guess I will pay to ship it back and loose that to... It ain't going to happen... You sent me a non- working radio...Danny....WA4SDE
To: daniel shrader
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 4:47 PM

no i havent im kinda waiting to get the 751 back first i would like to see whats wrong with the radio it was working fine
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:24 PM
Subject: Radio Return

Hi Steve.. I have the IC751 boxed up and ready to ship... have you mailed the money order ?..Danny.....WA4SDE
Yes I want to get it cleared up.. But you are not going to get my money and the radio too... That was done to me before by the crook KC5VCR....See posting below....
You send my refund for the radio and shipping back to me and the radio and any overpayment will be returned to you,,,,. I trusted you once and ended up with a radio that does not work correctly..
We will let the QTH feedback see who is right...This will be my last email asking you to do the right thing.....

..dan i dont no what to tell you were kinda at a stand off here i am ready and willing to send your money back including the shipping but i have to have the radio back before i send the money back i really dont like being in the position you putting me in holding negitive feedback over my head not playing nice 73s kb1ist
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:22 AM

Yes I want to get it cleared up.. But you are not going to get my money and the radio too... That was done to me before by the crook KC5VCR....See posting below....
You send my refund for the radio and shipping back to me and the radio and any overpayment will be returned to you,,,,. I trusted you once and ended up with a radio that does not work correctly..
We will let the QTH feedback see who is right...This will be my last email asking you to do the right thing.....

posted on QTH feedback......I never got my money back from this crook.. and I guess you want to do the same ..
IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.. AT LEAST NOW I HAVE A BROKE RADIO THAT I WILL SELL FOR PARTS........I WILL BE HONEST AND LET THE BUYER KNOW THAT IT IS BROKE.........................I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE ELSE ON QTH.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.2/1273 - Release Date: 2/12/2008 9:31 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version
wa4sde

Post by wa4sde »

:( :( :(
OK Old man... Where is the lie..
you have my money and will not send it back.

you say you will not send my money back because the radio was working when you shipped it.

you say it stop working when I had it...

you do have negative feedback about not paying on Ebay...

I had the radio packed and ready to ship back all I ask for was my refund....

Again where is the lie??????

Danny....WA4SDE
N7BUI

What is your reason again for refusing a full refund?

Post by N7BUI »

kb1ist wrote:i never said that he broke it all i said was ship it back to me and i would send back his money plus the shipping what more can i do
I agree. What more can he do? KB1IST has offered you a full and complete refund upon return of the radio. It's your decision to not send it back based on some bad experience that you had with a previous deal. If it was me I would consider the deal closed after a reasonable amount of time has passed.

His Ebay feedback show's a very honest person with NO Negatives.

I've had an occasional deal where a person wanted to return an item due to him/her not thinking it fullfilled the description. In each case the item was returned FIRST then a refund was issued. I can understand you being upset over the radio not meeting your expectations, but IMHO your position of not shipping the radio back until you receive a refund is very unreasonable.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I can certainly understand being paranoid from having a previous bad experience,but from what i've read it appears your reading into his e mail's thing's not said. I sold a radio and the buyer said it did not work and i asked him to return it and i would refund his money in which he returned it and i refunded. In no way would i and i'm certain no other person would ship you a radio knowing and believing it was working as claimed when shipped and then have the buyer complain and want his money back before returning radio.If you buy something in a store you would have to return it before you got a refund,so think about it as your in my opinion being unrealistic.......
Larry Huff K0pd
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

no problem guys i just sent him his money back including the money for shipping both ways qth is a great place to buy and sell and i plan on being around for a long time and with new radios comeing out all the time im sure ill be selling and buying more 73s all kb1ist
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I'm pretty sure all who have been following this situation would like to know if you get the radio returned to you and it's condition.
Larry Huff K0pd
kb1ist

Post by kb1ist »

you might think that after getting your money including all your shipping fees you would post that up here you had no problem posting negitive comments about me i feel that the feedback should be removed myself